• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF fans...thoughts on UCF on Black Friday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I'll never make it to this game home or away,  We always are out of town the weekends before and after Thanksgiving.  I would never go to another game at the Wok anyway.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I'll go just to see how flexible their toilet bowl is.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I was all excited about the Miami series being on Thanksgiving weekend and making it a tradition of going to the games.  TV/BE screwed that up so I wouldn't even worry about much past this year.  As far as UCF only selling the 12k seats to students they need to get off that program if they want to look good on TV.  Alot of empty seats just looks bad.  Give half of them to USF fans or UCF alumni for this game.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

If we can't sell out 45k seats for this game, regardless of the weekend and start time, we don't even deserve the rumors about our package deal to the Big-12.

This. 

Realistically there should be no way this won't at the least be announced as a sellout - even if 12K of UCF students don't make it.  Between both fanbases, this (45k) should be easy.  The real test comes the following year and whether both our fanbases can sell out RayJay at 67K.  If its again on black Friday, that will be the true test.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863

I was all excited about the Miami series being on Thanksgiving weekend and making it a tradition of going to the games.  TV/BE screwed that up so I wouldn't even worry about much past this year.  As far as UCF only selling the 12k seats to students they need to get off that program if they want to look good on TV.  Alot of empty seats just looks bad.  Give half of them to USF fans or UCF alumni for this game.

Oh my God imagine how terrible it would be if their student section somehow was primarily USF students. Overpowering every chant? Standing while they've sat down and given up?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

I know it's a road game for you, but what are you're thoughts on this game possibly being on Black Friday each year? How will it affect attendance at Ray Jay? My concerns are that both of our fan bases like this matchup, but aren't quite there enough to cut vacation or get students back from home so quickly for this game.

The BE has said they see this as a marquee rivalry in the conference and possibly being discussed as a package for future realignment. It'll be on a national stage, possibly ABC this year, as one of only 3 or 4 matchups that day. If there's a lame turnout, it could waive off a lot of interest for this rivalry. Being at UCF this year, I really fear this. Since UCF has been the bigger proponent of this rivalry since the beginning, if we cant sellout this game, it could spell disaster. Thanksgiving weekend is a ghost town at UCF. If it was in October, it'd sellout for sure...but TG weekend will be a MAJOR test for our fan base. Some USF fans may hope it falls flat at UCF to prove a point of some sort regarding the hype of this rivalry, others I've seen are already planning their trip to Orlando.

What are your thoughts?

(I'm a UCF fan for some of you newbies)

:facepalm:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Can we breakout the black uni's for this game?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Not really excited about waking up early on Friday to drive to mousetown.  No way I'm spending Thanksgiving over there.  Gotta fry a turkey.  We'll see how it goes.  Hoping for a late game.

Problem is, we will probably have to put in for our USF allotment tickets way before we know the kickoff time of the game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Not really excited about waking up early on Friday to drive to mousetown.  No way I'm spending Thanksgiving over there.  Gotta fry a turkey.  We'll see how it goes.  Hoping for a late game.

Problem is, we will probably have to put in for our USF allotment tickets way before we know the kickoff time of the game.

I'll take 2 if you decide not 2 go.