• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Final coaching spot filled.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Interesting. But Uncle Luke lost me in the first paragraph when he said that he signed with a major college program.  I thought he signed with USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting. But Uncle Luke lost me in the first paragraph when he said that he signed with a major college program.  I thought he signed with USF.

RICKEY.....i'm going to get Lucy after you...

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Unfortunately I'm not surprised you would say something like that. I don't normally bring up tendencies of individual posters, but I figured you might find it informative. Seeing the trend you have taken since the realignment process crippled the BE is disappointing, and it's coming across as you bashing USF or our conference situation every chance you get. I realize things aren't optimal at this point, but there is no need to pick up the torch for those who already look down on our situation. Even if it's just self deprecating to be funny, it's coming across as so frequent that it begins to put your character in question. You may not care what I think, but the fact that I felt the need to point it out to you probably means many more are thinking it.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

Unfortunately I'm not surprised you would say something like that. I don't normally bring up tendencies of individual posters, but I figured you might find it informative. Seeing the trend you have taken since the realignment process crippled the BE is disappointing, and it's coming across as you bashing USF or our conference situation every chance you get. I realize things aren't optimal at this point, but there is no need to pick up the torch for those who already look down on our situation. Even if it's just self deprecating to be funny, it's coming across as so frequent that it begins to put your character in question. You may not care what I think, but the fact that I felt the need to point it out to you probably means many more are thinking it.

:wtf:  How did you know that was what I was thinking?!?!?!  Get out of my head!!!!

On a positive note, the fact that top tier recruits are still looking at USF as an option is the main thing we can point at and take comfort in our future. If we can pull in recruiting classes like we expect Taggart to be able to do in the next year or two, and he's a solid coach like we expect he is, everything else will follow and Taggart knows this.

The potential we showed prior to the last couple years is still strong in the minds of the recruits and gives us an advantage. The fact that we can look at any school outside the elite ('Bama, USC, OU, etc.) competing with us on a recruit and have confidence we will get the commit is saying a lot.

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741

Miami Central High head coach Telly Lockette is USF's new running backs coach, a Bulls source told CBS Monday afternoon.

The 37-year-old former standout running back at Miami's Northwestern High, who later was a Division I-AA All-American linebacker at Idaho State, joins new head coach Willie Taggart's staff and should help boost the Bulls' recruiting pull in the talent-rich Miami area.

"He will be able to get any kid out of South Florida that he wants," said South Florida-based rap icon Luther Campbell, the godfather of the Miami youth football scene. "Every coach down here will support him 100 percent. USF just made a power move."

Lockette led Central to the Florida State 6A title game three consecutive seasons and has cranked out FBS recruits over the past few seasons while leading the Rockets program to two state titles.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought Taggs was going to coach running backs...

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

After losing Larry Scott, USF bolsters Miami presence by landing Central's Telly Lockette to coach RBs. Taggart & GA will now oversee TEs.

Yes. It's true. I've already purchased a home in the Tampa area and I start tomorrow. I've already visited several 2014 Georgia recruits on my way down to USF. Talked with Sean Price already, great kid. I'm very happy to be working at my alma mater for Coach Taggart and I'm looking forward to football season.

:D

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421

On a positive note, the fact that top tier recruits are still looking at USF as an option is the main thing we can point at and take comfort in our future. If we can pull in recruiting classes like we expect Taggart to be able to do in the next year or two, and he's a solid coach like we expect he is, everything else will follow and Taggart knows this.

The potential we showed prior to the last couple years is still strong in the minds of the recruits and gives us an advantage. The fact that we can look at any school outside the elite ('Bama, USC, OU, etc.) competing with us on a recruit and have confidence we will get the commit is saying a lot.

CRBULL  right on...I see our present condition as a low point....Like the housing market we are on our way back up....I don't know Willie very well .....But I have observed his hiring practices.....IMO he KNOWS what he wants.....

This is the number one issue....DON'T BS ME WITH WIN..

A PLAN/VISION...The type of offense he wants to run...the type of defense he wants to put on the field...

Next decision....asistant coaches...who can impliment his vision.each one individually chosen from around the country from all levels..

These coaches will impliment his Plan by recruiting athletes with the size, speed, inteligence necesary for success....

Athletic trainers and support staff who know what their jobs are and what will be expected from them....Impliment his vision....

Will we be 12-0 next year    I doubt it...What is more important to me is that the pieces for a 12-0 season are starting to fall in place...

Go Bulls

IMO This is the start of our return to a National Level Program...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I guess I need to pay closer attention .... Bashing USF/conference situation every chance he gets is not the impression I have of CousinRicky at all.

I guess I need to pay closer attention .... Bashing USF/conference situation every chance he gets is not the impression I have of CousinRicky at all.

Fair enough, I was just speaking my mind. FWIW, I also see you as someone who has taken somewhat of an outspoken negative slant/outlook since the recent realignments so we may tend to view things differently.