• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

Seriously can't understand how this isn't a mainstay in our football program.  I am all for War Flamingo and I actually find it pretty sad its not pushed more by our fans.  One of our few claims to a tradition what do you guys think?

Because it's stupid.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

Seriously can't understand how this isn't a mainstay in our football program. I am all for War Flamingo and I actually find it pretty sad its not pushed more by our fans. One of our few claims to a tradition what do you guys think?

Because it's stupid.

The rise of the war flamingo is inevitable and I for one welcome our new pink overlords Edited by brodyheisman
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I dunno. It seemed funny against Auburn, but on it's own? 

When I think flamingo, I think pink. The green thing looks more 'hulkish', almost like an eagle of sorts. 

That's just what I see...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

I just want pink flamingos its awesome and uniquely Florida y does it have to be serious. Nobody ever got scared because of the name of a team or their odd traditions anyways

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I just want pink flamingos its awesome and uniquely Florida y does it have to be serious. Nobody ever got scared because of the name of a team or their odd traditions anyways

No, but coupled with our already geographically challenged name, adding a bird rarely, if ever, found in Tampa makes us look like we're trying to be Miami-light. Throw in our uniforms from the Big East tournament described as a nod to our South Beach environment, we should just start calling ourselves "the U" and tell everyone we're the Tampa campus of Miami.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Standford is the Cardinal correct yet their mascot is a Tree http://www.fathead.com/college/stanford/stanford-mascot-stanford-tree/  Yes its cheesy but it is tradition.  

No one is suggesting replacing or doing away with Rocky since he is Iconic and our beloved mascot, but what is wrong with having a Pink Flamingo as well or Thousands of them in the stands?     People need to lighten up and let people have fun.  Im all for Beach Balls, Pink Flamingos ect... in the stands, It goes with the Pirate ship and  Tiki Huts we already have in the Endzones.

Edited by Dhambuc

Standford is the Cardinal correct yet their mascot is a Tree http://www.fathead.com/college/stanford/stanford-mascot-stanford-tree/ Yes its cheesy but it is tradition.

No one is suggesting replacing or doing away with Rocky since he is Iconic and our beloved mascot, but what is wrong with having a Pink Flamingo as well or Thousands of them in the stands? People need to lighten up and let people have fun.

Except the tree was overwhelming supported by the students AND is on the school seal.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Wonder if those so strongly opposed to the Flamingo actually attend games?  Be curious to know if they continue to go to games after they leave school as well. 

Let the Students have fun.   (Im not a student BTW), Im one of the Old Geezers LOL.

Wonder if those so strongly opposed to the Flamingo actually attend games? Be curious to know if they continue to go to games after they leave school as well.

Let the Students have fun. (Im not a student BTW), Im one of the Old Geezers LOL.

Somewhere in between for me.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Wonder if those so strongly opposed to the Flamingo actually attend games?  Be curious to know if they continue to go to games after they leave school as well. 

Let the Students have fun.   (Im not a student BTW), Im one of the Old Geezers LOL.

If I had stayed in Tampa, I would have had been a season ticket holder since graduation.  I go to games whenever I can, which isn't often - I generally go to road games more often than home games.