• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Transfer???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I was told he will be here today and commit.

Then will watch spring game. Ckpaorrt has alot of good basis for QB but Ford is behind Millard right now and we picked up our 2014recruit QB in William Crest.

I expect Trickett to start 2 years here then Crest will compete with Childress for starting job.

Doubt he will commit today to WVU when its now being reported that he scheduled an offical visit to USF as well.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

When's the visit?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I was told he will be here today and commit.

Then will watch spring game. Ckpaorrt has alot of good basis for QB but Ford is behind Millard right now and we picked up our 2014recruit QB in William Crest.

I expect Trickett to start 2 years here then Crest will compete with Childress for starting job.

Doubt he will commit today to WVU when its now being reported that he scheduled an offical visit to USF as well.

Where was this reported.

• Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@Bulls247: Four teams in the mix for former #FSU QB Clint Trickett, #USF to get a visit

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

@gregauman: Fan asked USF coach Willie Taggart about possibility of a QB transferring from FSU: (big smile) "I have no idea what you're talking about."

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

It means that Taggart cannot speak publicly about players that have not signed a LOI.  The big smile means they are talking.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Just what I was told by one of the people I know who is very,very,very close to the program.

Basically he does not say anything like this unless its 95% true.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Just what I was told by one of the people I know who is very,very,very close to the program.

Basically he does not say anything like this unless its 95% true.

Do you really see him committing before seeing the game?  And also before visiting the other three schools?  It just seems odd to me that this is the apparent scenario meanwhile your source is saying he commits when he gets there.  I would think he would just simply transfer there instead of weighing his options.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

At USF he has a very very good chance of starting right away.  He would be great in CWT's offense.  We desperately need him.  He should play here.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Do I see it, yes, because he grew up here, his extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) and friends are still here. And Millard is so far in front of Childress per the guy saying so that I see Trickett getting 50% of the snaps once he steps on campus. As Millard will probably transfer down since Childress is not ready.

Let me restate "commit" as being possibly even applying/scheduling classes.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Do I see it, yes, because he grew up here, his extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) and friends are still here. And Millard is so far in front of Childress per the guy saying so that I see Trickett getting 50% of the snaps once he steps on campus. As Millard will probably transfer down since Childress is not ready.

Let me restate "commit" as being possibly even applying/scheduling classes.

What a joke, why would he apply for classes before he settles his football issues. Plenty of time to get academic issues sorted out after the firestorm goes away. He has also been quoted as saying he is going to let the process play out, unlike he did last time around.

It does look like he's going up for the game. Someone who has actually talked to him(Joe Schad,ESPN) said this "Former FSU QB Clint Trickett visiting WVU this weekend, he said".