• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Derrick Ingram Jefferson Wr

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

Dang. I tweeted after Ingram committed that he's going to have a chip on his shoulder at the next level (cause he didn't get the USF offer) but DANG - I didn't know he felt THAT strong that he had to go public about it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Dang. I tweeted after Ingram committed that he's going to have a chip on his shoulder at the next level (cause he didn't get the USF offer) but DANG - I didn't know he felt THAT strong that he had to go public about it.

Does it really take that much for kids to Tweet these days?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You know, I kinda like that some kids are upset about not getting USF offers.

It means we're finally able to be a little more choosy in our player selection.

This is a good thing, if done right.

• Upvote 2

Trip, I was talking about the link posted by KB. I was surprised Derrick said that

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

He's young. I think his feelings are normal for kids at his age and in  his situation. Unless I know the full story and the interactions he had with the coaches, I'm not going to blame him. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Trip, I was talking about the link posted by KB. I was surprised Derrick said that

:facepalm:  .... my bad. Saw the word Tweet in your post and got confused.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Best of luck to you Derrick.  

The feeling is not mutual:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2013/7/23/ohio_picks_up_commit.html

Ingram has made it no secret, he's coveted an offer from his hometown USF Bulls, but they never pulled the trigger. He said even if they do now, he's staying put with his choice.

"Honestly, even if they offer, I would probably shoot them down because I feel disrespected," Ingram said. "Everything they've asked me to do, I've done it, so I guess I'm not the person they want. I would rather play against them right now."

I don't blame him for being upset and feeling slighted, especially as he watched a lot of his pals load a bus he wanted to board.  He'll learn that we only have so many schollies to give out, and Taggart & co have to target areas of need with the best talent we can get.  This is a great problem for us to have.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

:facepalm:  .... my bad. Saw the word Tweet in your post and got confused.

The evil tweetermonster strikes again!

Best of luck to you Derrick.

The feeling is not mutual:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/sports/article.html/content/news/articles/bhsn/2013/7/23/ohio_picks_up_commit.html

Ingram has made it no secret, he's coveted an offer from his hometown USF Bulls, but they never pulled the trigger. He said even if they do now, he's staying put with his choice.

"Honestly, even if they offer, I would probably shoot them down because I feel disrespected," Ingram said. "Everything they've asked me to do, I've done it, so I guess I'm not the person they want. I would rather play against them right now."

I don't blame him for being upset and feeling slighted, especially as he watched a lot of his pals load a bus he wanted to board. He'll learn that we only have so many schollies to give out, and Taggart & co have to target areas of need with the best talent we can get. This is a great problem for us to have.

Great point