• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The new SWAG U

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

There's only one race that REALLY matters in the New South... :D

nascar.jpg

Edited by charsibb

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Back to the topic.... 

We have many opportunities in the coming years to shock the world:

9/7/2013 - @ Michigan State

9/28/2013 - Miami

9/13/2014 - NC State

2015 - Indiana and Nevada (meh...)

2013, 2014, and 2015 - Big East Championships 

-or-

2013, 2014, and 2015 - Bowl wins over ranked AQ

I truly believe we know something the rest of the world doesn't know. All they see is a 3-9 last year, and Louisville winning a BCS game. They don't know and feel what we do, and they'll see soon enough. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

We've been shocking the world. That hasn't gotten us anything, except for a #2 ranking that we held for all of 1 week back in 07. We need conference championships. 

I think Coach T is going to get us there. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

We've been shocking the world. That hasn't gotten us anything, except for a #2 ranking that we held for all of 1 week back in 07. We need conference championships. 

I think Coach T is going to get us there. 

And you better believe I'd love to get back to those days. If we're going to win 3 games, throw in an epic upset at least. LOL

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I thought this would be the case for Notre Dame when they hired Tyrone Willingham, but it didn't change things.  He didn't bring in the athletes more than Bob Davie before him or Charlie Weis after him.  Taggart will need to win on the field and be better than the guy across the field from him each week.  Color will not be a factor. That being said, I like him and think we will be in good hands with Coach T. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I am on board.  I Look forward to a year in the right direction.  There is nothing wrong with being optimistic, but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.  Realalistically, a winning season would be great.  I would be pleasantly surprised with a conference championship in two - three years, but no expectations from me.  I am willing to give CWT the necessary time as long as each year is better than the last. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what happened at miami in 80s was a perfect storm

an explosion of talent and great salesmenship by howard s and the coaches that followed

miami,uf and fsu never would have won without the talent no matter the attitude

IT TAKES TALENT

willie t needs to recruit talent or he will not win at usf

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

what happened at miami in 80s was a perfect storm

an explosion of talent and great salesmenship by howard s and the coaches that followed

miami,uf and fsu never would have won without the talent no matter the attitude

IT TAKES TALENT

willie t needs to recruit talent or he will not win at usf

I argue that the attitude precedes the talent.  Look at Florida from 2005-2006 they had all the talent in the world under Zook.  They didn't win because they lacked attitude and discipline, they received that under Meyer it propelled them to a national title after two years of him taking over.  I have watched a lot of college football if we are not in the top 5 in three years feel free to come back to this thread and bash me.  I have seen it happen at a lot of schools, and come fall this will be a different team than the one that stunk it up last year.  Book it    

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

I thought this would be the case for Notre Dame when they hired Tyrone Willingham, but it didn't change things.  He didn't bring in the athletes more than Bob Davie before him or Charlie Weis after him.  Taggart will need to win on the field and be better than the guy across the field from him each week.  Color will not be a factor. That being said, I like him and think we will be in good hands with Coach T.  

Willingham and Randy Shannon lacked "juice" "swagger" or whatever you want to call it.  Taggart has "it". "It" is what makes people great, its what makes great coaches, and eventually great programs.  We have the talent we have the facilities what we have been missing is "it" something we were building before Holtz and something we just a big dosage of with our hire of Taggart.