• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Taggart building tradition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

i

I like this, building a common cause and discipline. Skip would have given Davis a cookie and said don't worry this time.

No, go back, this was also something we "loved" about Skip. Helmet to the front left of your square for warmups, everyone in the same clothes, sideline attendees in team shirt and black shorts. I like the discipline, do not get me wrong, but Skip brought this discipline and it was needed.
Sorry, those on here believe that every time Skip took a breath, he took a breath in an unproductive manner. Everything he did was the worst move possible. He is the worst coach in the history of mankind and did nothing right, ever! (Not even once)
I go by results and in that vain HE SUCKED.

Yet you love Taggart and he has thus far produced zero results. You don't see the discrepancy in your argument?

How can you pass judgement on Taggart? Gotta see what happens on the field over three years.

And where have you read I have already passed judgement on Tags? I have only discussed the positive attributes he has brought the program during the "off season." Believe me, if Taggs should put up the same or similar disastrous numbers your beloved Holtz put up I will be the first to day that he too sucks.

You have compared his discipline to that of Holtz.  You don't know what Holtz discipline was or wasn't, yet you said that because he lost it doesn't matter.  So why does the "discipline" you've seen doled out on one morning matter?

So, what exactly IS dawn patrol?

@FREAKSHOW_81: @_KRock88 THAT STRESS!!!!! lol but it's punishment that you have to do if you do something wrong which consists of 100 burpies, 200 yd 45

@FREAKSHOW_81: @_KRock88 pound plate pushes, bridges for 1 minute 30 secs, and these things called Lame Dogs=STRESS!!!!!!!!!!

Burpees are squat thrusts, and there are a bunch of different ways to do them.  My guess is that dawn patrol must start at down and is basically a very difficult exercise regimen, probably with coaches screaming in your ear the whole time like boot camp.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

The Wanted shirt says:

'Wanted' on the front and 'TV Contract' on the back.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

In case you guys were wondering what Andre Davis was tweeting about this morning

@FREAKSHOW_81: dawn patrol was a success this morning, never again though

"From here on out Coach Taggart wants us to all dress the same for the workouts with all of our shirts tucked in... The unity council agreed on black shoes or game cleats, the white socks we just got, black shorts and the Wanted shirt we got after the first team meeting with Coach T... If you do not wear this equipment they may not let you lift or run which is a missed practice and will result in Dawn Patrol... If you have any problems with all that Coach Taggart said his door is always open.... Lets go to work!!! Pass the word!!" - Thor Jozwiak. Sounds like Coach T is building tradition!

I look at that as more towards discipline and team building than tradition, but if it turns into a tradition so be it.  I welcome all.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah, I don't see it as tradition at all. More of a way he coaches. Lays out rules and for some parts he gives a choice that the players are allowed to decide and lets them know he is available for discussion.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

i

I like this, building a common cause and discipline. Skip would have given Davis a cookie and said don't worry this time.

No, go back, this was also something we "loved" about Skip. Helmet to the front left of your square for warmups, everyone in the same clothes, sideline attendees in team shirt and black shorts. I like the discipline, do not get me wrong, but Skip brought this discipline and it was needed.
Sorry, those on here believe that every time Skip took a breath, he took a breath in an unproductive manner. Everything he did was the worst move possible. He is the worst coach in the history of mankind and did nothing right, ever! (Not even once)
Yet you love Taggart and he has thus far produced zero results. You don't see the discrepancy in your argument?

How can you pass judgement on Taggart? Gotta see what happens on the field over three years.

And where have you read I have already passed judgement on Tags? I have only discussed the positive attributes he has brought the program during the "off season." Believe me, if Taggs should put up the same or similar disastrous numbers your beloved Holtz put up I will be the first to day that he too sucks.

You have compared his discipline to that of Holtz. You don't know what Holtz discipline was or wasn't, yet you said that because he lost it doesn't matter. So why does the "discipline" you've seen doled out on one morning matter?

My view on Holtz and his discipline is predicated on his always happy outlook and general nice disposition. Now does this mean that he could not have been a disciplinary person with his sunny disposition? I guess he could have been but it would seem that for discipline to be most effect on a football team it needs to have a touch of toughness and intimidation from the individual initiating it . Based on what I have seen from Taggs it would appear that he has both. Could I be wrong? Sure, like 90% of the comments on this board, it could be wrong.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The Wanted shirt says:

'Wanted' on the front and 'TV Contract' on the back.

LOL :stirpot:

i

You have compared his discipline to that of Holtz. You don't know what Holtz discipline was or wasn't, yet you said that because he lost it doesn't matter. So why does the "discipline" you've seen doled out on one morning matter?

My view on Holtz and his discipline is predicated on his always happy outlook and general nice disposition. Now does this mean that he could not have been a disciplinary person with his sunny disposition? I guess he could have been but it would seem that for discipline to be most effect on a football team it needs to have a touch of toughness and intimidation from the individual initiating it . Based on what I have seen from Taggs it would appear that he has both. Could I be wrong? Sure, like 90% of the comments on this board, it could be wrong.

Some of the best and friendliest people I've ever worked for scared me the most and made sure I did not want to cross them.  A true leader doesn't need to yell, turn purple and grab people by the throat to make people want to follow them.

I certainly hope that Taggart get more results than Holtz.  But there is absolutely no way to discern that from what we know so far.  Don Shula and Tom Landry won a lot of football games while showing outward calm to the public.  Ray Perkins like to yell and scream and try to intimidate his players, and he was a lousy coach.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

Coach willy is building tradition alright. No football banquet for last years seniors. Larry scott tried to do something informal. Nope. Willy t cancelled it. Seniors those that even show up will be mentioned at the b ball game on saturday. Sorry but these guys were on the field when we beat the seminoles in tallahassee the fighting irish in notre dame and clemson in the last bowl game. They deserved better. Just my opinion

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Coach willy is building tradition alright. No football banquet for last years seniors. Larry scott tried to do something informal. Nope. Willy t cancelled it. Seniors those that even show up will be mentioned at the b ball game on saturday. Sorry but these guys were on the field when we beat the seminoles in tallahassee the fighting irish in notre dame and clemson in the last bowl game. They deserved better. Just my opinion

This is disturbing, but there must be more to the story. I'd like to hear the rest.