• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What would convince you to increase donations to athletics?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

What are examples of what other schools do that we don't?

This is WVU's MAC Club -  http://www.mountaineerathleticclub.com/ - The "perks" are broken down per money basis also.  In order to get most football tickets you have to be a member.

In it we also have the 1100 Club - in which to be a member you have to donate $1,100 a year and this money is to be used for recruiting purposes only.  (Dana is thinking about dropping it  because these members seem to have more "requirements" of "perks"

Now how do you get more donations, well honestly winning helps, it drives enthusiam, once you get people donating usually they dont stop unless they cant afford it. 

This is happening at WVU, recently a poll was asked of former donors and season ticket holders what would it take to get you back, about 9k said more family friendly financial seats and such.  Our problem is we have 60k seats and usually have 51-60k fans in stadium.  In past before construction additions limited standing room we had about 70k people for certain games.  We are undergoing changes now that actually might hurt attendance.  Our program is going to start priority points, meaning $ donors get preference on more seating, (Next season at basketball) which means probably less people attending through the week games since some of our major donors are out of towners.  Also we are charging $20 a game to park at the basketball arena which is unaffordable to standard family after buying 4 tickets of $40 a piece.  Our football parking is ridiculous  http://mountaineerathleticclub.com/page.cfm?storyid=78  - RV for season pass is $6500

Now people stating their season tickets cost more and are in worst seats, have points because others are selling their tickets on secondary markets. You cant stop that, now those people when winning comes back around wont be doing that unless for a profit.  Now the chance you take is keeping your seats if USF is winning or paying more for losing.

CWT was a great hire, but its going to take him 3-4 years to completely turn the corner with recruiting and imposing his presence.  Giving him and the program money and more importantly support will turn it around quicker.

Edited by jvwvu

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

What are examples of what other schools do that we don't?

This is WVU's MAC Club -  http://www.mountaineerathleticclub.com/ - The "perks" are broken down per money basis also.  In order to get most football tickets you have to be a member.

Interesting to see another school's perks. Don't see anything there, though, at the lower levels, that are any better than ours ... in fact, looks like you have to give $400 to the MAC to get parking pass access where our lowest level gets that.

Benefits_2013.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

brybull,

Understand the financial level, but continue at a lower level?

Hate to lose you on Saturday nights.

That's a good point and one to discuss with the family. I am currently carrying 5 season tickets in 237. While its partialy a financial decision, I am still looking for any reason to get pumped back up about USF football, either through CWT, conference realignment, or some serious OOC scheduling.

We are in the same section.  If you keep them, we'll need to meet up next year.

What row are you in?

We are in BB seats 5 - 9 and CC seats 5 - 7. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Although it's not that important, all donors get football gameday program recognition.

Getting a raise at work would help me decide to give more money.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Although it's not that important, all donors get football gameday program recognition.

Getting a raise at work would help me decide to give more money.

Give us your boss's email. We'll put in some good words for ya! :D

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm not 6' 6" just 6" + 6"

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

If the pool of posters on this site was decreased by 75%.

Nice!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If the pool of posters on this site was decreased by 75%.

Would you settle for a Poster of Pool?

steno-pool-movie-poster-1977-1020394653.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Since you ask, here is my chance to vent. . .

My donations will never be dependent on how the teams perform, who they hire as coach, or what conference we belong to. A year ago (after the football collapse and before the basketball run), I increased my donations from Green Jacket to Scholar Bull. Never got my lapel pin, still never got my green jacket (after years at that level). I don't live in Florida and can't attend many home games, and so most of the perks are of no value to me, especially those from moving up a level, but that didn't matter -- here's my money and go USF.

But. . . when it came time to cash in, it was a whole different story. Post-season priority? Maybe for football, but if you follow other sports, that's pretty much a joke. In Nashville for the BBall tourney, they apparently ignored their ticket-maximum policy to accommodate a big-time donor who stepped up at the last minute. Then came softball. When I called for tickets to the USF section in OKC, I was told "sorry" and to get on line at the general ticket window like everyone else, when only a few outfield seats remained and a few sessions were already completely sold out. Unacceptable. After spending several hundred dollars on scalped tickets, it turned out that there were plenty of empty seats in the USF section, where I was able to find a seat.

When I travel to basketball road games, I have found it more reliable to now just purchase tickets from a scalper. It'll cost a few extra bucks but at least I'll know where I'll be sitting. I'll be scaling back my donations to USF by about 90%. I'll always support our teams and travel when I can, but if they want my money again, they'll have to start by giving me what I've already paid for, not to mention those lapel pins and the Green Jacket I've already earned.

Edited by Doc

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sad story there Doc. Whenever I call 1-800-GOBULLS they are always very pleaseant to speak with and seemed to be more than happy to help me with anything I needed. Had you voiced your concerns about not receiving the lapel or jacket? (I know that's not a big deal to you but you'd think it would be to others). Or what about the tourney seats? Did you call them ahead of time and voiced your concern about snagging a ticket? I know if I got a "sorry" from that question I'd immediately want to be on the phone with their supervisor and be very upset.Sometimes you have to get audibly pissed at these people for them to realize what's going on and see what you contribute to this University (which also is unacceptable within itself). If you had, then it looks like they really dropped the ball on a great donor/alum. Sorry to hear about your bad experience :(

Just trying to figure out what went wrong there....