What would convince you to increase donations to athletics?

SilverBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Nah, you're good bro.

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,673
  • Days Won:  25

Good job Hem, keep on working to help a fellow BULL.

Sometimes you gotta put a name to the promise, I bet they take care of Doc now.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

Sad story there Doc. Whenever I call 1-800-GOBULLS they are always very pleaseant to speak with and seemed to be more than happy to help me with anything I needed. Had you voiced your concerns about not receiving the lapel or jacket? (I know that's not a big deal to you but you'd think it would be to others). Or what about the tourney seats? Did you call them ahead of time and voiced your concern about snagging a ticket? I know if I got a "sorry" from that question I'd immediately want to be on the phone with their supervisor and be very upset.Sometimes you have to get audibly pissed at these people for them to realize what's going on and see what you contribute to this University (which also is unacceptable within itself). If you had, then it looks like they really dropped the ball on a great donor/alum. Sorry to hear about your bad experience :(

Just trying to figure out what went wrong there....

Not a good excuse, but the ticket office was under going a change about that time.  Stuben can probably better answer this, but that is about the time they were going from in house to out source, right?  You were dealing with a ticket office that had never been through and bball NCAA run or a softball WS.  Now these new tickets guys haven't seen a bowl game either. 

I hope it was just growing pains, but sounds like the ticket office screwed up here.  Could it be lack of communication between the ticket office and the Bulls Club?  Did Doc call the ticket office and they didn't realize he was a Scholar Bull?  Either way, Doc needs answers and USF needs Doc on the bus!

I just saw this ... didn't know if I should even try to answer 10 days late or not ... but here it goes.

First, let me tell you, I like to consider myself one of USF's best fans (my first year not working there, I bought 31 season tickets 4 men's soccer, 4 women's soccer, 8 football, 4 men's basketball, 3 women's basketball, 4 softball, 4 baseball ... and I go to the games ... only missed volleyball, which I often bought walk up). I consider Doc on that short list of great fans. When he was a student he went to everything, and he now drives insanely long distances to go to USF games. I certainly tip my hat to him and his passion for USF.

1-800-GoBulls is answered by our ticket sales department. (me and John Lewis in the old system. .... IMG ticket solutions staff including John Lewis today). I think the new staff are good people, who probably needed some time to know how to answer all the questions (except for John who had 16 years of experience).

Our ticket office has a constant group, they were not outsourced, and they are excellent. 3 full time people plus student workers. They do a great job, but can be limited by the policies set in place by those over them. For example, I went to them to buy OK City CWS softball tix ... and was told that they had none to sell, that USF decided that their allotment were set aside for families/guests of players and students. So, I bought from people outside (but I saved a bunch of money, so I'm glad I did) ... and in reality, USF I'm sure had at least a dozen tickets unused, and the shortsighted policy hurt the 5-8 USF fans who came to the games and weren't on the pass list. That was a huge moment for USF, and it's sad that it created a bad experience for the dedicated fans who made the trip.

The questions about the jacket and priority points are a Bulls Club question. I know Doc knows Eric, and he would be the best to answer.

At the end of the day, when dealing with the rank and file of USF Athletics, you get good people, who are stretched thin often. I know Doc's gift is valued and appreciated, if he decides that he needs to alter the amount he gives, that is certainly his choice and right, and I can assure him that even a new lower amount is valued and appreciated. In the end, people who work for USF Athletics care about the program, the donors and the fans. Sometimes things don't work perfectly, but it isn't because people don't care.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Days Won:  14

Screw culture

Screw process

Screw facilities

Screw opportunity

The fanbase is ready for results

I officially change my answer to one and only one answer:

RESULTS. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119

Just thinking some more.  If we got the news that we were going to still be playing big-time football in a couple of years (new conference), then I would up my donation.

The last time I upped my donation was when we got into the Big East.  Based on that logic, I should stop donating now, but I am going to keep it at the same level and see how this NBE <hurl> situation pans out. 

:puke:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Chicken and egg.

Without the increase in donations, there won't be any increases in results.

Without an increase in results, there won't be any increases in donations.

How to break the vicious cycle?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,474

Chicken and egg.

Doug will be the highest paid AD in the NBE. I really think we throw the "fire" word around a lot, but I am slowly seeing the merits in hiring someone more in line with our:

-Budget

-Expectations

Our FB program AND b-ball program are at the bottom of their conference. At some point you have to hold someone accountable... right?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

USF Donations should link up with the bacon of the month club....  If you give a monthly donation, they send you a special bacon that month...  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Fire and replace DW with a new AD and I will gladly pay more.  Short of that, not a nickel more from my wallet.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

Chicken and egg.

Doug will be the highest paid AD in the NBE. I really think we throw the "fire" word around a lot, but I am slowly seeing the merits in hiring someone more in line with our:

-Budget

-Expectations

Our FB program AND b-ball program are at the bottom of their conference. At some point you have to hold someone accountable... right?

And what about last year when our BB team went further than all but 16 universities in the country?  Should have fired him right after that I guess? Or after the softball team went to the World Series among the top 8 in the country?  No one is more fed up with BB this year than me.  I just don't think Doug is making real bad decisions.  Things don't always work out.  Marlins last year is a great example.  You just can't explain some stuff.