• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What would convince you to increase donations to athletics?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

As a longtime donor and someone interested in building the donor support base I have a simple and serious question:  Other than winning, what kind of things could the Bulls Club do that would convince you to increase your donations?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

This past season was my first in a "Bulls Club" donation section. It is the lowest level of donation, so that might have something to do with it, but other than being bombarded with emails, I got no type of "benefit" or "perk" for the donation.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

benefit's or perk's would be nice. What would up my anty? Getting the f*ck out of the Big East and playing a real football schedule. I think more people will want to come out and see USF vs. Texas/Oklahoma instead of USF vs. Tulane/Memphis. Hell I'd even be happy with a watered down ACC. Big teams put butts in seats. (see our attendance vs WVU/FSU)

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Green Jacket donor here-  

First off I think the football program could learn a little something from the basketball program.  Personal phone calls from the team, christmas cards, special basketballs for those donors of 3 years of more were all recent examples of "perks".  More importantly these are the types of things that make you feel more connected to the program.

Things that would perhaps increase my donation would be more access to the team/private events.  It could be done with relatively no cost, coach chalk talk type of sessions, vip access to fan fest (maybe 1 hr before everyone else) extra tickets to games to bring others perhaps...

I guess I am saying more access and more of a feeling of being part of something  bigger then just scratching a check and going to the club level.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193

I guess I am saying more access and more of a feeling of being part of something bigger then just scratching a check and going to the club level.

What he said!

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

SilverBull, great idea to start asking this question.   My question is shouldn't USF Bulls Club leadership be asking this.   I think that they should go hire a USF MBA class to do a marketing research project specifically designed to answer this question and maybe others.  It is a win/win for both parties.  Free work for USF Athletics and the students get a real business case problem to work on.  

My opinion is that USF Athletics is to busy chasing the whale donor then worrying about supporting the small donors such as me.  They should look at the small donors who support multiple programs Football, Basketball, and soccer in one calendar year.  Have more on campus events such as tours of the Athletic facility or special events at the Sundome including access to the club rooms for one game only.  

It is the small things that go a long way but you need to know what they are and you need to communicate with your customers.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Interesting question.  When I became a green jacket donor (at the same time we joined the Big East) it was to help USF athletics in general to "build a program," but, more selfishly, it was to reap the benefits of premium seating, priority points, and first-choice on away tickets, etc.  The idea at the time was--wow this place will be sold out in a few years (like UF) and we will be glad we got in on the ground floor.  We'll have awesome seats and parking, etc, and when we go play big in-state rival games, we will always be able to get tickets.  By 2007, it was really looking like the plan was going to work.  We were glad to get in on the ground floor. 

In the last few years, things have changed:

The seat premium is meaningless.  My friends who don't even have season tickets can get better seats for less EVERY GAME.

Priority points are meaningless.  We don't go to bowls, and there is never a problem getting tickets to away games (may change with UCF).

There doesn't seem to be any kind of "perks" for being a donor.  (except for getting thank you letters asking for more money).

So, right now I am not considering increasing my donation.  I will not stop donating, but I will stay at the current level.  I will re-evaluate each year and if I get a substantial increase in income.

Go Bulls.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Green Jacket donor here-  

First off I think the football program could learn a little something from the basketball program.  Personal phone calls from the team, christmas cards, special basketballs for those donors of 3 years of more were all recent examples of "perks".  More importantly these are the types of things that make you feel more connected to the program.

Things that would perhaps increase my donation would be more access to the team/private events.  It could be done with relatively no cost, coach chalk talk type of sessions, vip access to fan fest (maybe 1 hr before everyone else) extra tickets to games to bring others perhaps...

I guess I am saying more access and more of a feeling of being part of something  bigger then just scratching a check and going to the club level.

IExcellant post ! I to am a green jacket member but feel totally disconnected from the program.