• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF upsets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I attended both FSU and Notre Dame. Those two wins will be forever etched in stone in my mind. I remember attending the first game against Kentucky Wesleyan in September of 2007 and wondering whether USF would ever even play a game against one of those teams, much less beat them in their own stadiums. While they've taken a step back over the past couple of years, USF football has definitely exceeded my expectations since 2007.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077

speaking of 2007, and I know this can't be classified as an upset because we were supposed to win but...

the sold-out a$$-kicking of UCF 64-12 was a blast.  What a complete domination of those shameful golden showers!  Ah, the good old days!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698
  • Days Won:  0

Beating Auburn in Jordan-Hare Stadium ranks up there. I just remember how loud our band was and the USF fans. All you hear was The Bull #8 over 87k AU fans.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Everyone at USF is upset with all the conference realignment stuff going on now, but USF athletics isn't dead...sounds like a wake here.  USF supporters have to help push the bus now.

Edited by Oldsmobull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685

Everyone at USF is upset with all the conference realignment stuff going on now, but USF athletics isn't dead...sounds like a wake here.  USF supporters have to help push the bus now.

Not a wake, just reliving some good times. I'm feeling good about USF getting back there, hopefully this upcoming season!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Southern Miss was a good one

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

WVU and Auburn were great.

What about our first win against a ranked team AND our first Big East win... 2005 against #9 ranked Louisville.  I remember watching Corso and Herbstreit on Gameday the morning before the game, talking about how Louisville would be undefeated when they met (some other undefeated team) in a couple weeks, and the winner of that game might be a NC-bound team.

We spanked them up and down the field, 45-14.  Was one of the most enjoyable football games I've ever been to.

Edited by WWMJD

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

There was nothing like rushing the field after beating WVU. I got my photo taken with Mike Jenkins that night, and I still have it on my phone five years later (despite it being an old photo on a 1.3MP camera). 

I remember that entire game, start to finish, including the four hour drive to get there that night...and the three hour drive to get back. And keep in mind-this was from New Tampa, not Orlando or something!

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Great games with great finishes..2003 vs UL...int in OT with FG for win then 2003 CINCY on Halloween...Huey Whitaker blocks the FG to force OT then win with an INT By a DT (LRS JR)... Both OT games and first 2 games I took my wife and her parents to...got us hooked

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Auburn at Jordan Hare is my all time favorite.