• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auggie Sanchez - LB - St. Pete

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

@USFBulls_Rivals: St. Pete Northeast ATH Auggie Sanchez has been offered and has committed to USF

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

@BigCountyPreps1: Sanchez offered as an H-back and not LB initially but things Change fast when the pads go on in the fall. #USF

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Welcome to the Bulls Auggie. Don't read the crapweasel comments some have posted. I frankly LOVE a player that really, really wants to be a Bull. A lot of that is about grit, determination and the willingness to work hard for what you want. Ask Skinny Raymond some time.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

RodneyHomeTeam "I'll do anything to get on the field," Sanchez said about playing FB at USF.

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

St. Pete's Auggie Sanchez brings good size to USF - 6-2, 235. Jalazo compares his offensive versatility to how Florida used Aaron Hernandez.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/st-petes-sanchez-commits-bulls-fbte

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/northeasts-auggie-sanchez-picks-usf/16346/

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

I really enjoy taking recruits from ucf....

Nick Gryniewicz â€@nickgryniewicz

Willie Taggart & the #Bulls pick up another big commit with Auggie Sanchez. 2nd recruit #USF has taken away from #UCF in a week. #Rivalry

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Kids got size. I trust in Coach T, congrats Auggie!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Welcome to USF, Mr. Sanchez, looking forward to you getting on the field!

Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,338
  • Days Won:  10

Looking forward to seeing him knock some people down.  Welcome Mr. Sanchez.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Welcome to the Bulls Auggie. Don't read the crapweasel comments some have posted. I frankly LOVE a player that really, really wants to be a Bull. A lot of that is about grit, determination and the willingness to work hard for what you want. Ask Skinny Raymond some time.

+1

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Glad he's on the bus.

JANUARY 22, 2013

St. Pete's Sanchez commits to Bulls as FB/TE

The Times' Rodney Page should have a full story shortly, but USF has picked up a rare St. Petersburg commitment, as Northeast star Auggie Sanchez accepted a scholarship offer to play for the Bulls -- on offense, initially -- on Tuesday night.

Sanchez, known best as a linebacker at Northeast, will get a look initially as a fullback or H-back, where his 6-foot-2, 235-pound frame should bring a physical presence and versatility to Willie Taggart's offense. He's the younger brother of former Bulls special-teams standout Armando Sanchez, and Northeast coach Mike Jalazo said Sanchez had been hoping for an offer from USF.

"He has a unique skill set. He's a lot bigger than people realize," Jalazo said. "When you start looking at these hybrid guys and people ask me who he compares to, it's Aaron Hernandez at Florida. He can line up in the slot, can line up at fullback, at tight end, and if he's meant to play defense, he'll do that. He just wants to be a Bull and help them win."

Sanchez had offers early from schools like Buffalo, Middle Tennessee State and Tulane, and he took an unofficial visit to Florida, but Jalazo said most schools recruiting him were aware that he would be going to USF if offered by the Bulls.

"USF was right at the top for him from the beginning," Jalazo said. "He's excited. They're excited. We're just glad to get it done."

Posted by Greg Auman at 10:23:29 pm on January 22, 2013

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/st-petes-sanchez-commits-bulls-fbte