• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good Bad Ugly vs Nova

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Good

- Hawkins three-quarter court basket at the end of the game.

Bad

- Everything else.

- Myself missing the first half.

- Outrebounded.

- No energy.  Let down game after Syracuse.

Ugly

- Refs.

- The academic committee.

- The dumb girl who was screaming at Collins the whole game "pass the ball Collins, you're such a ball hog".  She does it again next game and I'm going to chew her out for not knowing a **** thing about this team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I wasn't able to watch the game b/c Orlando Bright House decided to show girls high school basketball and black the event out on ESPN3.

So, prior to the game I'd chalk that up to the ugly category.  At about half time I'd move it up to bad.  After reading the game recap, that was probably a good.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you about everything you posted, except the dumb girl.  I didn't hear her.  I thought the refs we had the last two games were bad, but I was wrong.  In hindsight, I guess I would take one awful ref over three awful refs.  I couldn't believe what I was watching.  I was hoping the Cuse game wouldn't have affected them, but I was wrong there too.  They had lead in their shorts from tipoff until the bitter end.  So hard to watch and just turrible.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

That was an awful game. I haven't seen us that bad in a long time. We were letting Nova get right under the basket uncontested. Even when we had a guy down there, we didn't have our hands up. Nobody fought for the rebound. Fitzpatrick looks lost half the time.

I wish we would play with a little urgency. We were down 14 with 7 minutes to go and we're using the full 35 seconds to attempt some sort of off-balanced shot.

Crowd was larger than I thought it'd be for a Wednesday night at 8pm. Students showed but they were silent. Big group of them in the 1st level left at half. I wish there was a way to get the students that stand and make noise down in the first level.

Side note, not game related- we had to pick up a ticket from will call. There were about thirty people in line to get tickets from will call and 0 people in the ticket sales window. I asked the ticket sales window if they'd be able to help cut the line down a bit by helping with will call and she said no. You have three people doing nothing but talking amongst themselves when they could help get people inside faster by assisting the will call. I realize you have to have at least one person available for ticket sales, but they could care less.

Edited by ctbrown24

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

last 3 games have been challenging. we need depaul lol

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I saw this topic and tried to avoid reading this because I knew it would make me sad. We cannot keep getting out rebounded like that and expect to win ANY games. Syracuse is big, biggest in the NCAA...so I gave that a pass..but we need to crash the boards. Rudd also needs to step up and attempt to carry this team when nothing else is going right. Anything under 10pts from Rudd is unacceptable.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I saw this topic and tried to avoid reading this because I knew it would make me sad. We cannot keep getting out rebounded like that and expect to win ANY games. Syracuse is big, biggest in the NCAA...so I gave that a pass..but we need to crash the boards. Rudd also needs to step up and attempt to carry this team when nothing else is going right. Anything under 10pts from Rudd is unacceptable.

Agree Rudd needs to step up. Did he score in the first half?

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Agree Rudd needs to step up. Did he score in the first half?

No. His first points were on a free throw in the 2nd half.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Good

- Getting more minutes for Leday and Hawkins. If nothing else this year, need to get them all the experience we can. Musa, too, but not sure he was 100% last night. He was on the stationary bike quite a bit.

- Student turnout. Actually appeared to be more there than Sunday.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

Good

-More fans then I expected to be at the game at 8pm on a Wednesday

-Anthony Collins...

Bad

-Refs had no clue what they were doing half the game

-We used all 5 of our timeouts too early in the 2nd period

-The players seemed sluggish all game

Ugly

-Anthony Collins is the only player that can drive with defenders on him. He scored most of the points in the paint and he is the shortest guy on the court. smh

-Rudd and Fitz need to man up down low sometimes, especially when we are down 14 with 7 minutes to go and in the bonus.  The bonus should be used to exploit their defense (draw fouls while stopping the clock).  We need to use it to our advantage.  But, when our guys try to take it up they always lean back and try to fade away, instead of taking an inside step and taking it up strong below the basket. They WILL get fouled or make the shot 80% of the time.  (see ochefu on villanova)

-5 shot clock violations in the last 2 games...why are we running down the shot clock on offense when we are down by 12+ points almost the entire game??