• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Has His Work Cut Out For Him...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Geez, knew we were looked at badly, but not THAT poorly.  The majority of the blame last year falls on the coaching.  If my 8 year old would've been managing the game/timeouts, they'd have been 4 games better.  Our DL is going to be very good and that alone can be deadly if they are coached up correctly and the offense has the skill players to make our QBs "serviceable".  If Holtz couldn't even manage timeouts, you can't believe he actually coached/improved development of our QBs can you?  If he didn't make the STARTER better, the backups like Eveld and Floyd had no chance.

Don't forget, Floyd was a pretty solid QB coming out of Milton where he led his team to a state title, very similar to White.  He looked bad bc he was totally unprepared for what he was put into.  Most QBs are direct reflections of their coaches.  Very few are so elite that they'll be good no matter who coaches them.  Look at Brady in college and then when he got to the NFL.  A guy who couldn't even beat out Brian Griese if I remember correctly.  Look at Harbaugh.  Every QB he touches turns to gold. 

We need a few more QB recruits, but don't give up on Floyd.  Go back and watch his tape all over again, he did some great stuff.  He just wasn't prepared at all for this season.  Under CWT, that could easily change so a turnaround may not be as far off as we're fearing. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

What did you expect? This was the worst season in USF history. I am glad we are near the bottom. Our players should see this and play with that chip on their shoulders that they used to have.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Agree with you Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a tag like Snarling Bull, i guess you WOULD agree with playing with a chip on your shoulder :D

Hope the players do to!

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Geez, knew we were looked at badly, but not THAT poorly.  The majority of the blame last year falls on the coaching.  If my 8 year old would've been managing the game/timeouts, they'd have been 4 games better.  Our DL is going to be very good and that alone can be deadly if they are coached up correctly and the offense has the skill players to make our QBs "serviceable".  If Holtz couldn't even manage timeouts, you can't believe he actually coached/improved development of our QBs can you?  If he didn't make the STARTER better, the backups like Eveld and Floyd had no chance.

Don't forget, Floyd was a pretty solid QB coming out of Milton where he led his team to a state title, very similar to White.  He looked bad bc he was totally unprepared for what he was put into.  Most QBs are direct reflections of their coaches.  Very few are so elite that they'll be good no matter who coaches them.  Look at Brady in college and then when he got to the NFL.  A guy who couldn't even beat out Brian Griese if I remember correctly.  Look at Harbaugh.  Every QB he touches turns to gold. 

We need a few more QB recruits, but don't give up on Floyd.  Go back and watch his tape all over again, he did some great stuff.  He just wasn't prepared at all for this season.  Under CWT, that could easily change so a turnaround may not be as far off as we're fearing. 

Was he able to take a snap in HS? Can't get passed that issue.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

If you like White, it makes no sense to hate Floyd.  They are essentially very similar.  If White came in here and was put through the same routine as Floyd was, you'd have the same results.  Give Floyd a spring and fall practice and he'll improve.  He's a smart kid, has heart and has shown in the past he can get the job done.  I don't think folks realize how "bad" our coaching was fundamentally.  So bad players didn't even stay the same, many REGRESSED which is hard to do when physically and mentally they are maturing in all but they're football skills/maturity. 

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

What did you expect? This was the worst season in USF history. I am glad we are near the bottom. Our players should see this and play with that chip on their shoulders that they used to have.

As bad as this season was, I sat in the stands and watched us lose to Army in front of what felt like a few thousand people, then get blown out by Pitt in front of what I'm sure was a few hundred... that felt more painful to me.  Maybe just because I was there...

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

Floyd didn't lead his team to a state title.  Milton High School hasn't won a state title since 1979.

Milton High School Won-Loss Records during Floyd's tenure.

2008 -- 3-7

2009 -- 5-5

2010 -- 2-8

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  476

Milton is a tiny town. Couldn't imagine there was much of a support cast around him.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Was he able to take a snap in HS? Can't get passed that issue.

Of all the things that a QB can do wrong, that one seems like the least of my worries and the easiest fix. That doesn't concern me at all if the kid can pick up the offense and make the throws.