• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Official: Chuck Bresnahan, Oakland Raiders DC in 2011, named USF's DC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

My question with new hire is about how is he going to be able to relate to young kids in recruiting, the last time he was recruiting Skid Row and Vanilla Ice were in fashion. I know it is strange question to most of you on this board but what makes him a qualified recruiter?Also when was the last time he defended the zone read or any other schemes which are found in college but not found in the NFL? Also if Willie T has in his mind to bring in NFL guys what connection does this guy have to FL and this area? As a defensive coordinator how does his scheme fit our players which we have on our team now? 

This are questions that should be asked not have the BS on this board about his past record in the NFL what does that have to do with USF?

What does a past coaching record have to do with USF? Are you serious? And NFL coaches develop players right out of the draft, so I am sure he can relate to young players.

Ok so no one still has answered one of my question or even has a relevant response....  You think NFL record means anything? Old Chuck who is up at Kansas had a great a record in the NFL and Flopped. Pete Carroll had mediocre success in New England before he went to USC and was a one of winningest coaches in the past decade. My point being in college it is the jimmy's and the joe's and if this guy has not recruited since Bush 1 was in office I am concerned.  

Nobody answered specifically because they were all rhetorical. You didn't want answers, you wanted to try and make points ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

My question with new hire is about how is he going to be able to relate to young kids in recruiting, the last time he was recruiting Skid Row and Vanilla Ice were in fashion. I know it is strange question to most of you on this board but what makes him a qualified recruiter?Also when was the last time he defended the zone read or any other schemes which are found in college but not found in the NFL? Also if Willie T has in his mind to bring in NFL guys what connection does this guy have to FL and this area? As a defensive coordinator how does his scheme fit our players which we have on our team now? 

This are questions that should be asked not have the BS on this board about his past record in the NFL what does that have to do with USF?

What does a past coaching record have to do with USF? Are you serious? And NFL coaches develop players right out of the draft, so I am sure he can relate to young players.

Ok so no one still has answered one of my question or even has a relevant response....  You think NFL record means anything? Old Chuck who is up at Kansas had a great a record in the NFL and Flopped. Pete Carroll had mediocre success in New England before he went to USC and was a one of winningest coaches in the past decade. My point being in college it is the jimmy's and the joe's and if this guy has not recruited since Bush 1 was in office I am concerned.  

We are not here to answer your stinking questions.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I'm sorry I'm not wearing the G&G goggles on this hire.

Some people seem to think NFL automatically means results in college whether recruiting or on the field. Remember Bill Callahan or Mike Sherman? It really all comes down to results. Hes statistically had some of the worsts defenses in the NFL consecutively and that team he coached to the SB was known for its explosive offense under Gannon and Rice and got pounded by the Bucs. 

Connections can get you anywhere in life.

Umm his defense wasn't that bad at oakland top 10 for a few years.  
One has to really wonder how that game would've been if the Raiders were smart enough to change their play calls/signals - but I'm sure at the beginning of the year they didn't think they'd make it to the super bowl and if they did that they'd face the bucs.

21 points were scored by our defense. On the DVD it shows Lynch telling Jackson where they were most likely going to throw the ball.

I have the Bucs Super Bowl DVD too ... Lynch didn't just do that ... he actually called out the exact play that the Raiders were lined up in - they had run it in practice the week before, and Gruden actually ran the scout team as QB and mimicked Rich Gannon to a T.  

The Raiders were the best opponent the Bucs could have had, mostly because Gruden knew them inside and out as well.  

that's what i was getting at. even if they were only to meet in the regular season, the staff that was on the raiders should have changed up their play calls. even if they only had two weeks to do it before the superbowl, they could have tried. the raiders defense wasn't terrible by any means that year - they did get to the super bowl and i think they beat the patriots on the way there too. their signal calling fubared their offense into gifting the bucs 21 points - otherwise that's an entirely different ball game (and i like the bucs but hey that's how the cookie crumbled that day). 27 offensive points on bresnahan's defense isn't great but not terrible (there were some short fields too).

That's not entirely true. They didn't have two weeks back then. The bye week prior to the Super Bowl was introduced the year after with the game between the Patriots and the Panthers. The Buccaneers played one week after the NFC championship game.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Not upset about it. Not excited about it. Which way I lean will depend on how we do this season. Going by his previous history means nothing. 

Not upset about it. Not excited about it. Which way I lean will depend on how we do this season. Going by his previous history means nothing. 

WTF??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

So you would be willing to hire Holtz back?  ;)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the correct word is BzingA!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Waiting for Ghost reply...

:popcorn:

Not seeing the ZING or the BzingA. Seems like all Ghost was saying is that he doesn't care how someone did somewhere else, he'll judge them on how they do here .... He saw how Skip dd here so how does that translate to he'd be willing to hire Holtz back??.