• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good Bad Ugly vs C. Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Good

- A tough and gritty win, on the road, against our rival.

- AC is a beast. He takes a beating every game (and by beating I mean criminally assaulted) and keeps on playing hard, never backing down. Oh and he had a double-double

- Jawanza Poland. Great 2nd half tonight and hit a lot of his shots. He's certainly making it tough on Stan to keep him on the bench when we get everyone healthy.

- Rebounding and scoring in the paint. Two of the reasons we lost to UCF earlier this year, but vast improvement tonight. Statistically we lost the rebounding battle by 1, but I'll take that tonight.

- Fighting off the storm. UCF made two big runs each half and we survived them (barely). That's good to see heading into Big East play, that we don't get too down on ourselves.

- 15 to 6 assist-to-turnover ratio. Can't argue with that.

- Poland and Rudd has some monster dunks.

- The group of USF fans who made the trip over to Orlando.

Bad

- Not hitting our shots. There were numerous times where we could have really put UCF in a bind by adding on to our lead, but missed our opportunities. This includes all the airballs and missed dunks.

- Bad defense. There were countless times someone was confused about their assignment or missed a switch or slide. Another reason we let UCF stay in this game, too many easy points.

Ugly

- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick. Aside from hitting that HUGE late 3, he really did diddly squat. 3-12 shooting, 2-7 beyond the arc, only 10 points and 4 rebounds. He's been a non-factor the last month. I'm getting worried that he will be eaten alive in conference play if he keeps playing so soft.

- UCF's court. No, I don't mean the overly large logo at midcourt which they use to compensate for something. I'm talking about all the slipping. AC slipped twice. Once turning the ball over for easy UCF points. The second time resulting in USF getting a foul called in our favor to help lock up the game. Never seen so much slippage on a basketball court not on top of ice.

Too tired to think of anything else at this point. Going to bed. GO BULLS!

Oh, not sure if good or bad. But a lot of minutes for our starters. Musa and Zach only accounted for 23 minutes off the bench.

Good

Free throw shooting. 77.8% for the game. 81.3% in the 2nd half. Another key to winning.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Good

Free throw shooting. 77.8% for the game. 81.3% in the 2nd half. Another key to winning.

Had to double check that figure after going through the always entertaining game thread and noticing our resident whiner calling our ft shooting embarrassing .... 14-18 is hardly embarrassing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

I was at the game and for one will be glad when we don't have to play UCF as an out-of-conference game anymore and these game actually mean something. As of now, I just find them boring. When we win there is no real thrill and when we lose it is just disgusting.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Love it. Rudd and AC, a deadly combo

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Demonstrating we can hit the 3 when the zone collapses on AC is huge. That zone, played much better, is what we are going to see from Syracuse. If we dont shoot a decent clip from 3 next game things will be tough.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Good: Fast break execution, free throw shooting down the stretch (8/8), rebounding: losing the boards by 1 is a win given our lack of size, AC and Poland, Aleem bailed us out in the first half, hit some big time 3's, Rudd's reverse alley-oop jam. Our depth compared to UCF, they cannot substitute anyone for Clanton or Sykes without crumbling.

Bad: scoring droughts, long, long scoring droughts. Defensive breakdowns leading to wide open lanes. Probably has something to do with our starting big being a perimeter player.

Ugly: one handed dunk attempt that met the back of the rim by Rudd. Sometimes, you just need two hands on that ball son.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Outrunner, there were a couple of groups out there and a good amount peppered throughout the stadium. I was in the group of like 14 in section 202 behind the goal :P

I think our main ugly is the interior defense. Several times Clanton got an easy pass from someone and he two-stepped to an easy bucket. Back to back in the 3rd, Sykes and Clanton were on the side of the goal, and they easily sidep-stepped whoever and put it in. Sykes had a rebound on one end and dunk on the other in the 2nd as well.

Sykes is a good player, but we made him look great last night.

Main pro: they have a nice atrium, but the Sun Dome is way better. From the condition of the court to the layout of the seats to the size of our logo in the center.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Someone bring a Rudd/AC fathead to the Cuse game