• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Preemptive Randy Shannon not hired Meltdown Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Rele?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Shannon would be huge, We have Coach T with the South West Fla connections, Throw in Shannon with the Dade County Connections and we lock up 2/3rds of the FLA HOT BED for recruiting. Only area left to get would be Orlando,(we do well there already) and Jville.

Coach T, USF , lets get it done and bring Shannon on board.

it doesnt matter who the coaches are USF will not be locking anywhere down in recruiting until the stadium and trophy case are full.

Evidently someone isn't paying attention to current events.

yea, if we recently locked somewhere down in recruiting I certainly missed it.

Catch up... Taggart has been here only a few weeks and has already gotten 5 commits along with a flip from Minnesota on a great local CB.

Low expectations.

No offense but 2 JUCO's, a non qualifier, a QB whose best offers were Eastern Kentucky and Marshall, and a Minnesota flip isn't locking it down. Only Godwin has any other good options. When we are getting the best out of an area you can call it locked down. And that isn't happening until fans actually show up and we have shown we can win something.

Do you really expect him to lock down 4 stars in his first two weeks after our season last year and the BE implosion??? Really?!

Absolutely not. They expect him to lock down 5 stars.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Screw it... I wan't 6 stars.... TAGGART SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :FIREdevil:

In all fairness to slowdown, he's probably in the Bobby Petrino camp.... sometimes understanding and logic just don't have a chance...

Edited by Southshore26

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Shannon would be huge, We have Coach T with the South West Fla connections, Throw in Shannon with the Dade County Connections and we lock up 2/3rds of the FLA HOT BED for recruiting. Only area left to get would be Orlando,(we do well there already) and Jville.

it doesnt matter who the coaches are USF will not be locking anywhere down in recruiting until the stadium and trophy case are full.

Catch up... Taggart has been here only a few weeks and has already gotten 5 commits along with a flip from Minnesota on a great local CB.

Low expectations.

No offense but 2 JUCO's, a non qualifier, a QB whose best offers were Eastern Kentucky and Marshall, and a Minnesota flip isn't locking it down. Only Godwin has any other good options. When we are getting the best out of an area you can call it locked down. And that isn't happening until fans actually show up and we have shown we can win something.

Do you really expect him to lock down 4 stars in his first two weeks after our season last year and the BE implosion??? Really?!

Did I say that I expect that?

Why don't you go and read the original embedded quote and follow the conversation through. Taggart being here isn't going to magically make all the best players come here, which is an idea your statement supports. No coach is that good of a recruiter.

Someone suggested I missed some current events implying something to the contrary of my suggestion has recently happened. That isn't so. I'm perfectly aware of the players that have committed and or signed in the recent weeks. They aren't highly sought recruits. Getting them here in no way signifies that we are able to get the best. Its an irrelevant aside to the original rebuttal of the notion that Shannon and Taggart would lock up 2/3 of the state by their names alone.

Edited by slowdown

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

O rly?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Low expectations.

He's been here a couple weeks and he's turning heads. Woulard is still a possibility, and that's saying something when a kid that's decommitted from you twice is still considering you among the top 2.

Some are more optimistic than others, and dhambuc and slowdown represent the opposite ends of the spectrum, I guess. I'm happy with the job Taggart is doing so far, he's filling positions of need and what he's done in the short time he's been here appears pretty solid. Not saying we're locking anything down, but at least we're getting some decent recruit's attention (Woulard, Travis Johnson, etc.)

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Rele?

Is that soccer great Pele's son? :D

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

In truth very few teams can claim to have "locked down" anything, regardless of their coach or the historic success of their programs. We aren't there yet.

But that doesn't mean that CWT wasn't the right hire. Only time will bear that out, with wins both on the field and on the recruiting trail. I think even CWT would say as much.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

May be unrelated as USF football waits to hire defensive coordinator, but Randy Shannon and TCU have their bowl game Saturday in Tempe.