• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach T on 740 Orlando this morning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

I tried to listen but the host (Mike Bianchi?) has the most grating voice I have ever heard. He sounds like a castrato televangelist doing a Dr. Phil impression.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

So is George O'Liar an Irish in-law of Urban Liar?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Who was the host? Was it Bianchi?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Who was the host? Was it Bianchi?

Looks like he has a morning show over there and it sounds like the type question that do wad would ask.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Yup - He joined 740 awhile back. He used to just come on but at some point became a regular. He does have an anoying voice but we also have the shot doctor and ritchie abavato(sp?) over here so must be a trend in the Orland market to have an unusual voice. he gets way out there sometimes.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

No doubt about Coach T's intentions. Quote from the broadcast at about the 7:38 mark:

HOST: "Coach, a lot of coaches when they come into a new job they'll say, it's gonna take us 3-4 years to get up to snuff, to get our recruits in there. What's your time frame for USF?"

Coach Taggart: "Ah, NOW. (laughter) Right NOW! I didn't come here to wait 2 or 3 years to try to build a football team you know, we come to tryand do it now, you know. We're recruiting and we gotta do a great job at developing our players and holding everyone accountable to go out and do what we came here to do you know, and that's to win multiple championships in a first class manner. You know, so ah, I'm not a big fan of, 'oh we're gonna take this and that long,' you know. I don't think we do our kids any justice with that attitude, you know. We want to win a championship. Those kids came here to win championships, so, why not start now, you know. So that's our intention. And I can't tell you how long it's gonna be but we intend to do it NOW."

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Go Bulls, you know!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Yup - He joined 740 awhile back. He used to just come on but at some point became a regular. He does have an anoying voice but we also have the shot doctor and ritchie abavato(sp?) over here so must be a trend in the Orland market to have an unusual voice. he gets way out there sometimes.

When I used to travel the state, listened to Shot Doctor with, I think, Jerry something or other, and the SD has/had one of the most annoying radio voices I've ever heard .... even though he is a USF grad, or attended over here.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

When I used to travel the state, listened to Shot Doctor with, I think, Jerry something or other, and the SD has/had one of the most annoying radio voices I've ever heard .... even though he is a USF grad, or attended over here.

Shot Doctor is on an afternoon show here again, as the headliner. Jerry O'Neill has afternoons on a competing station. It's been a weird ride radio-wise. There was one sports station here, then two, then one, then none, then one, now I think there are three (580AM?). I'm on the south end of town so I can usually listen to 620 and I catch 98.7 sometimes through my phone. Makes it hard to keep up now.

Shot Doctor is a great story, however. The guy graduated USF with a communications degree upteen years ago. He found himself working for a grocery chain for 15-20 years. Then he starts calling in to the local morning sports show hosted by Jerry O'Neill and The Coach. Becomes a regular, and throws in a fake grocery store special from "Mickey and Minnie's Food Mart". Then he starts giving crazy golf tips, like how to use a bologna sandwich on the driving range to improve your game. Out of that, he ends up getting a gig when a second station is added to the area. All these guys were out of work for a while, but then radio shifts back to sports talk and they all find their way back including SD. Not sure if he planned on leveraging phone call ins to launch a radio career, but I gotta give the guy props for making something out of nothing. Basically, he's one of us that somehow turned it into a career.