• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach T at the game tonight

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

He's got recruiting to do... of staff members!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

Gotta say, for a holiday time game, I like what the students are up to. Now, a ringleader group gives a signal before free throws and the whole section yells "Horns Up!" Then they put up the hand sign to support the free thrower.

Actually, I believe it's the band that is the ring leader for yelling that. It was Sunday for the Nebraska game. I didn't go to tonight's game due to work but did watch it on television.

Any idea why they stopped doing it late in the game?

I think it stopped because of the whole colliding of the Student Section's "Horns Up" & the band's "Bulls Up". Rumble had it in the beginning and could be heard clearly on tv, but then it started to sound like "asdfaigj up" because of the two words [which was quite funny and surprising". All in all, I think it was a decent turnout [from what I saw on tv] for the students on a Tuesday Night and on holiday break. Remember, housing on campus is closed.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Nah, its definitely something SBC does. James usually yells it or Stew.

These guys are also big in the Goalmouths who, for those who are not aware, are the chant-callers during the soccer games (hence the name). Many of them seem to translate over to Basketball.

General sports fans (such as myself) kinda follow their lead. I know a good amount of them actually.

I'd argue the band toots their own horn for Football games (and the fans follow), but its not entirely this way at basketball games.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

The band is trying to lead the way with their chants. They should probably get on the same page as SBC since SBC has done their thing at games for quite a while now.

The band should probably focus more on their musicianship...

• Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

The band is trying to lead the way with their chants. They should probably get on the same page as SBC since SBC has done their thing at games for quite a while now.

And with being a former herd member for three years I can fairly say is pretty poor....so I agree

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616

Representing most of SBC, ,we HATE the fact they say BULLS up! I personally like that they get into game, but some things they do are annoying

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I like the band yelling stuff out, they're the loudest group in the stadium.

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,482

The band thinks they're hot ****, and that they're the only ones allowed to start chants. Especially the Horns Up one. It's Horns Up. Not Bulls Up. The quicker they get that through their thick skulls, the less we will all hate them. I know Outrunner has posted his thoughts on the band, and I agree wholeheartedly. Something has to be done soon, or it is going to get ugly, that is for **** sure

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

The band thinks they're hot ****, and that they're the only ones allowed to start chants. Especially the Horns Up one. It's Horns Up. Not Bulls Up. The quicker they get that through their thick skulls, the less we will all hate them. I know Outrunner has posted his thoughts on the band, and I agree wholeheartedly. Something has to be done soon, or it is going to get ugly, that is for **** sure

The more students come and take back over the dome, the less the band will have any say in what's going on or attempt to lead chants. Can't blame the band, there's been nobody there to say otherwise up until recently.

That "boing" "WOO!" chant is

gay+seal.jpg

Edited by Hem