• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With new coach, what are your top concerns?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

My concern? Is that after he turns this program around, he leaves for the SEC :(

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

My concern? Is that after he turns this program around, he leaves for the SEC :(

he loves being home; and if he can get to the mountaintop here; he'll have little reason to leave

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

he loves being home; and if he can get to the mountaintop here; he'll have little reason to leave

IDK.

After winning multiple NC's here - as he's on record as saying he'll do - I suppose he'll be looking for new challenges...

:D

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Biggest concern? That the general fan realizes that next season even if we had "rocked it" this season was going to be ROUGH due to the mass exodus of players as this was a senior heavy team. Even with good coaching, next season was going to be challenging. That's why I was pissed about this season as everything for the last few seasons was pointing to this season being a major step forward.

So no matter if Saban was coaching this thing next season, a 3-4 win season could very well be on the horizon. So we need to realize that so people stay optimistic next season and support the team so the atmosphere doesn't go "toxic" before this thing has a pulse.

Even if we recruited 20 5* kids this class, we'd still suck next season so grab a good drink, relax and know that better times are coming, but it's going to take time for them to get here.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I am very excited about CWT but there are many things that go wrong.

He doesn't have a winning record as a head coach. He did some good things at WKU but he was in his comfort zone in a much weaker conference. He has enthusiasm and work ethic on his side, but then again so did CJL and he maxed out without winning any titles of any kind. Who could out work/enthusiasm CJL?

His offensive scheme is going to require a great defensive effort in this era of throw, throw and throw some more. It seems like college football is becoming a game of the first one to 50 wins. Running the ball will require some big linemen, some quality running backs and a good defense that can keep the opponents score within reach.

Recruiting is said to be his strong suit, but at what level? He is going to need better athletes than he did at WKU. The caliber of athletes are going to be considering UF, Alabama and FSU not Youngstown State, ECU and Marshall. It is going to e a step up, but I think he will do infinitely better than CSH.

His biggest challenge will be to reintroduce the USF fan-base to the TE position. He should call Trevor Hypolite in to give us a brush up.

Go Bulls! I am on the Taggart bus!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114

Concern: Late season fade losing 3 of last 4 including a home loss to a bad FAU team. We've had too many late season fades in our history.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

picking right assistants

that is it for now

i like what i have seen so far

he needs to realize that he needs to win here

while his sub .500 record at wku got him a promotion

a sub .500 record here will get him fired

Concern: Late season fade losing 3 of last 4 including a home loss to a bad FAU team. We've had too many late season fades in our history.

+1

I put this on the S&C coach's abilities and the Head Coach's atttitude towards S&C.

The "fittest" team wins the 4th quarter

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Do we have the players to run his offense?

Do we have the players to run his offense?

Can he adjust to run an effective offense with the players he has?