• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart named USF coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

abc tampa has interview with taggart coming up next

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

Since we're already bullshitting around about the race card.... don't think for a SECOND that he being the only African-American coach in the state won't help in his recruiting! It sure as hell will

I don't really care what his race is -- that should make no difference whatsoever

I do like his in-state recruiting ties and his enthusiasm. I am not sure how well he will do given the current state of our team-- but we will see how it works out. If he is given three full years like Skip was-- I cannot imagine him doing any worse.

Let's just get behind him and hope for the best. I am at best cautiously optimistic. Any one saying he is a terrible choice right now is going to beat that drum for the next 3 seasons and will annoy the hell out of all of us. Let me just say this-- NO ONE GIVES A F**K THAT YOU KNEW THIS WAS A BAD HIRE. So get over yourselves-- clowns who call this a bad decision--- and give the man a chance to show you he can get the job done. You will get ZERO kudos for calling this a bad hire on day 1 from me EVER.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Late to the party because I was out of pocket tonight, but I'm thrilled USF got their guy. I look forward to improved local recruiting and more youthful energy. GB!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

guess USF needed to hire him to meet the state quota on minorities.

This clown needs to go...this stage is not the place for your borderline racial ignorance. Go somewhere else with this crap. This hire has a lot of promise, more than where we were two weeks ago

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

abc tampa has interview with taggart coming up next

that was not exactly an "interview" -- more like a sound bite from a guy who was tired from traveling

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

DW worked fast!

Less than a week!!

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Anyone calling it a bad hire is no better than all of us who called holtzs hiring a good one. Yes, some of us are burnt from the results of holtz. I think more of us are cautious.

Cant really say until a few years from now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

i challenge you to prove to me his back to back 7-5 records lead to anything otherwise.

And I challenge you to examine what he actually accomplished in three years at a fledgling FBS school, dragging them from being a doormat program in less than time than any reasonable person thought was possible. Looking only at records when evaluating a coach is simple and deceptive. As to being another Shannon, their career paths have literally nothing in common.

Funny because the same can be said about Skip Holtz when he took over in ECU.

Looking at only records when evaluating a coach is simple and deceptive? OK, lets just ignore Skip Holtz's down-trending record at USF then.

I hope WT proves me wrong, but 3 seasons at WKU with his best records being 7-5 don't tell us jack. This hire was simply on DW's SUBJECTIVE evaluation of what he believes is a good coach, nothing objective. Too risky of a move, if you ask me.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Best is to just get behind him and hope for the best. At the least ......there is some excitement back in a program that desperately needs it

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

I'm just glad skip is gone and excited to see what tagg can do