• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Farewell

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

...to Vicki Mitchell and Kemel Thompson. Thank you both for your hard work and dedication to USF. You will be missed. I think the only person that has gone to more baseball games than me over the last 6 years is Vicki. Good luck to you both.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Whoa ... Vicki is Top Notch!

Where is she going?

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Not sure. I read it in Greg's blog.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Vicki was always very kind to me

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Vicki sent this out a few weeks ago:

Dear Friends,

In January, I will be leaving the athletics program to take on a new role at the USF Foundation, where I will work across the campus to help enhance fundraising at USF and in each of its constituent units. It is an opportunity to work as a coach and mentor, something that is very close to my heart. I’ll report to Vice President Joel Momberg, whom I greatly admire, and work with a team of people who are dedicated to the advancement of USF.

Working at athletics and getting to know each of you has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I’ll be forever grateful to Lee Roy Selmon for bringing me to athletics, and to Doug Woolard for allowing me to remain as part of his team. But, there is a time for everything, and with the athletics district in place and the $36 million Unstoppable campaign goal achieved, this is a good time for a transition.

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your commitment to the Bulls. I look forward to supporting the Bulls as a season ticket holder and Bulls Club donor, and to continuing the friendship I’ve enjoyed with so many members of the Bulls family. I still work at USF, so please don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be helpful to you in any capacity, athletics or otherwise.

Thank you for everything. My respect, admiration, and gratitude is unending.

Here’s wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving!

Best regards,

Vicki

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Hope Soncrant gets promoted, if not add it to the bonehead moves of the Doug Woolard era that doesnt look is ending anytime soon :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Bulls Club had been the only external affairs department that didn't have turnover in the past few years (ticket sales, marketing, media relations and IMG Sponsorship sales are the other departments). Sad to see them lose 3 in a short period of time (Anwar left not too long ago also).

Anyone who ever met Kemel will know that he had an awesome positive attitude. The sort of person who couldn't possibly have anyone not like him. He was a perfect fit for the job he had and will be hard to replace.

Lots of great things got done under Vicki's watch. When we talk about giving credit for all the facilities being built, often not enough credit goes to the Bulls Club.

My former job required a partnership with the Bulls Club, and I think it was a mutually beneficial relationship. I always enjoyed and appreciated how well I was able to work with everyone in the Bulls Club (current and past staff included). While I hope to be able to say it in person to Vicki and Kemel soon, I'll say it here too, I hope they both have great things in their future, and as a fan and former co-worker I certainly appreciate what they did for USF.