• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bobby Petrino...SEAL THE DEAL!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Bleacher Report has a nice article on 6 different programs in the NFL and NCAA that would be good fits for Petrino.

USF is stated to be one of the best.

I whole-heartedly agree. Give this guy a second chance! Lets win NOW!!! Come on folks!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1141831-6-college-programs-and-nfl-teams-likely-to-take-a-chance-on-bobby-petrino/page/7

"The Bulls have only had two head coaches in their short time as a football program. They started with long time defensive guru Jim Leavitt leading the team. After the departure of Leavitt, a hot name in coaching took over the reins.

Skip Holtz has become one of the names that is swirling around the Arkansas coaching vacancy. If Holtz were to leave Tampa for Fayetteville, it seems logical for the Big East team to come calling on a winning coach that use to own the conference.

Petrino is not untouchable because of this scandal, but he will not likely find another high profile job soon. USF would be a great fit for him and the school if Holtz departs, giving the school a solid coach and giving Petrino a national stage without the pressure of the SEC.

Of all the teams that would land Petrino, USF is my pick as the most logical for all parties involved."

LETS BOOK THIS NOW!!! Or else he'll go somewhere like auburn. :(

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I agree he is my #1. If this guy came to us season tickets and interest in the program would significantly increase. The national media would also follow us closely. That being said, no way Our AD takes a serious look at him.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

I must admit, I laughed out loud at the thread title.

Still, no thanks.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I agree he is my #1. If this guy came to us season tickets and interest in the program would significantly increase. The national media would also follow us closely. That being said, no way Our AD takes a serious look at him.

Yup, AW doesn't have the balls. He's easily the best choice.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Ugh a Petrino mention and a flamingo.

• Content Count:  37

He's a quitter one sign of trouble he will disappear on a long scenic drive on a Harley up to Crystal River

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think you build in some great clauses into his contract and give him the job....

We are in a good place and have options.... This guy wins immediately.... But we need a nasty d-coordinator

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  554

Don't get your hopes up. According to this board, our coach has to be one part saint, one part offensive genius, one part mayor, one part slick recruiter, one part professor, and one part family man. Apparently, it takes all this things to tell 18 - 22 year olds how to play a game.

Edited by Ghostofbigworm

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Not gonna happen. If you listened to DW's presser, he mentioned integrity like 4-5 times. Same goes for Davis.

• Content Count:  208
  • Days Won:  1

I think you build in some great clauses into his contract and give him the job....

We are in a good place and have options.... This guy wins immediately.... But we need a nasty d-coordinator

Can you build in "Don't be an ass"?

How about a "don't abandon your team in the middle of the night leaving only a dear john letter taped up in the locker room to explain your departure" clause?

Edited by sayheykid