• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets talk Prado

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

LETS TALK SOFTBALL

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I think the assessments are fair. ET, have you been to a baseball game since we got our new stadium? It is great!

Have not ... Do plan on it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Prado needs to go bye-bye if he does not perform this season...

Why not hire one of the many ex-MLB players that live in Tampa, assuming of course they would want to coach college ball that is.

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I'd rather see a proven coach than player

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Not many college baseball teams make money. Only a select few.

That's true. I lived in Columbia, SC for several years. I think both USCe and Clemson both make money. College baseball there is huge.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Unbelievable. You do realize that we were in the Big East Championship last year, right? And even losing there was talk of us still making it to the tourney, you know that right?

If CSH loses tonight are we going to see folks calling for his head too? If USF WBB loses tonight and goes 6-1 over their first seven are we going to see a fireJoseFernandez.com. website? Are we going to fire Ken Eriksen if he loses to Marshall on Feb 3rd?

I got an idea, lets just fire everyone and rehire only members of the bullspen.com Will that satisfy everyone?

Perhaps you feel empowered by the firing of Skip Holtz but let me be the first to assure you that nothing that was said on this board had any impact on the decision to release Holtz.

And don't give me the bullchit about, "if you wanna settle for mediocrity that's fine, we want excellence" because if this is your stance you are going to disappointing and disenfranchised for a very very long time. How many people wish we were going to a 'crappy' bowl right now? I know if we were playing UCF in the BOB bowl I would be loving it. But I'm sure if that was the case, the reining consensus would be, "that sucks, that bowl sucks, that team sucks, our coach sucks"

Firing coaches does not help anyone. It does not create stability, it does not create a sense of team and it does not create a sense of unity instead it feeds into this national obsession with entitlement, instant gratification, and financial greed.

NEWSFLASH! Its hard to win national championships, that's why it's special if you do.

NEWSFLASH! Its hard to win 6 games in a year, that's why its special if you do.

NEWSFLASH! It's hard to get teenagers and young men to live up to their potential, that's why it's special if they do.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

Lol. My response to that rant is so long it's not worth typing. Heres the cliffs...

Last year we did lose in the Big East finals. Weren't near getting an at large. RPI near 70 and an awful SOS. That was also a team with a lot of experience, most of which won't be returning.

Don't compare USF baseball to USF basketball. Ever. In any shape or form. Prado's job is in no way as difficult as Heath or Jose's. I know you may have been joking, but still not even close.

Since we are on the subject, lets look at some differences...

USF baseball...great area for recruits, cupcake conference, nice new facilities (signed his 3rd recruiting class since the stadium plans were announced and they haven't gone up in talent.)

Pre Prado: 40 seasons total. 10 NCAA berths, all in a 20 year span with the first in 1982 and the last in 2002.

Prado era: 6 seasons. 0 NCAA berths. Longest NCAA drought in the state besides FAMU.

USF basketball... Florida basketball isn't anything special, top 2 or 3 conference in America every year. He has had a new arena for about 7 months now and has already put together the best recruiting class in USF history.

Pre Heath: 36 seasons. 2 NCAA berths 7 NIT.

Heath era: 5 seasons. 1 NCAA berth, 1 NIT. 73-91 overall, 52-39 in the last 3 years.

Women's basketball...again, Florida talent isn't anything special, top 5 conference.

Pre Jose: 3 winning seasons in the previous 24 years. Need I say more?

Jose era: 12 years. 189-184 overall. 1 NCAA berth, 7 NIT, 1 NIT championship.

Look, I want Prado to succeed. Hes a Tampa guy, with great history in the area. Im not asking for a title, all i want is USF baseball to at least get back to where it was in the 80s and 90s- a postseason team every few years.

I'm just calling it how I (and a lot of baseball writers) see it.

Edited by SattyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

Lol. My response to that rant is so long it's not worth typing. Heres the cliffs...

Last year we did lose in the Big East finals. Weren't near getting an at large. RPI near 70 and an awful SOS. That was also a team with a lot of experience, most of which won't be returning.

Don't compare USF baseball to USF basketball. Ever. In any shape or form. Prado's job is in no way as difficult as Heath or Jose's. I know you may have been joking, but still not even close.

Since we are on the subject, lets look at some differences...

USF baseball...great area for recruits, cupcake conference, nice new facilities (signed his 3rd recruiting class since the stadium plans were announced and they haven't gone up in talent.)

Pre Prado: 40 seasons total. 10 NCAA berths, all in a 20 year span with the first in 1982 and the last in 2002.

Prado era: 6 seasons. 0 NCAA berths. Longest NCAA drought in the state besides FAMU.

USF basketball... Florida basketball isn't anything special, top 2 or 3 conference in America every year. He has had a new arena for about 7 months now and has already put together the best recruiting class in USF history.

Pre Heath: 36 seasons. 2 NCAA berths 7 NIT.

Heath era: 5 seasons. 1 NCAA berth, 1 NIT. 73-91 overall, 52-39 in the last 3 years.

Women's basketball...again, Florida talent isn't anything special, top 5 conference.

Pre Jose: 3 winning seasons in the previous 24 years. Need I say more?

Jose era: 12 years. 189-184 overall. 1 NCAA berth, 7 NIT, 1 NIT championship.

Look, I want Prado to succeed. Hes a Tampa guy, with great history in the area. Im not asking for a title, all i want is USF baseball to at least get back to where it was in the 80s and 90s- a postseason team every few years.

I'm just calling it how I (and a lot of baseball writers) see it.

/Thread

No excuses for Prado.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Most of Lelo's incoming players from Tampa are from Jesuit or Tampa Catholic. I sure hope he can pull a rabbit out of his hat this season, since he can't use the poor facilities as an excuse for the lack of power in his lineup anymore.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Most of Lelo's incoming players from Tampa are from Jesuit or Tampa Catholic. I sure hope he can pull a rabbit out of his hat this season, since he can't use the poor facilities as an excuse for the lack of power in his lineup anymore.

How about "It's a pitcher's park" :)