• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please NO Spread Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hope we hire a coach who runs a conventual pro style offense. Smash mouth and take no prisoners.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That's nice and all, but its hard to do with the smaller lineman that don't end up at the bigger schools.. That's why you really only see the biggest schools going that route and why the smaller schools dedicate so much to the spread

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The whole point to the spread (whether read option or air raid style) is to allow a less talented offense isolate their best players. We're never going to be able to recruit enough OL with size to run a power or pro style offense.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Well, the spread does not work. When we play UCONN Rutgers, etc they manhandle us. I guess we will never be able to beat those types of team consistently.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Want a pro style. Tired of an offense which relys on a couple of players. A pro style offense can still have elements of the spread which can be used more against the tougher, larger opponents.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Well, the spread does not work. When we play UCONN Rutgers, etc they manhandle us. I guess we will never be able to beat those types of team consistently.

It hasn't worked with the previous staffs, but the spread is what has schools like Oregon and KState able to hang.

I'd love to see us run a power pro style offense. We just don't have the caliber of players to do it. And when you don't get those type players and run that offense you get a season like Iowa ha this year.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

I just wanted to chime in and say that when we actually committed to a conventional running attack with our current level of players, it has worked (granted this has only been 1-2 games a year).

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I just wanted to chime in and say that when we actually committed to a conventional running attack with our current level of players, it has worked (granted this has only been 1-2 games a year).

Right. This is the only part of our team which has improved under Skip.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

whoever started this thread is foolish. No spread..lmao..Pro style offense will have the next head coach fired in a few years as well. Way to make use of the strength of our team. It amazes me sometimes.