• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Totally disgusted... and disappointed with our fan base.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Skip came here with great intentions. Things obviously didn't work out as planned. Wish our fans at the game would have show a little more respect/class (we're starting a green QB with little to no experience - what were you really expecting tonight). Holtz tried and failed. I hope he picks himself up and succeeds again when given another opportunity. I truly believe he cares about USF football. Thanks for trying Skip. Even well intentioned individuals fail from time to time. Tonight was a sad moment for USF football on national television. Hopefully we'll never experience this again.

National TV??? Ha! There was nobody watching.

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

Skip came here with great intentions. Things obviously didn't work out as planned. Wish our fans at the game would have show a little more respect/class (we're starting a green QB with little to no experience - what were you really expecting tonight). Holtz tried and failed. I hope he picks himself up and succeeds again when given another opportunity. I truly believe he cares about USF football. Thanks for trying Skip. Even well intentioned individuals fail from time to time. Tonight was a sad moment for USF football on national television. Hopefully we'll never experience this again.

I disagree with booing Floyd... he is a green QB... booing Holtz on the other hand is okay by me.

I agree, but I don't think that was a boo to Floyd. Landi, despite not playing QB in years actually moved the ball some. I think the auto-response of bringing in Floyd caused the boos on Holtz. I think we all wanted to see Landi take us to that rare earth called the end zone.

I was hoping to see Landi throw one more touchdown. I wouldve been okay if he got pulled after that series. I didnt boo though but was cussing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Fanbase? What fanbase? Skip destroyed the fanbase a long time ago with this dumpster fire.

If a fanbase was destroyed in less than 2 years it wasn't much of a fanbase to begin with ...

It will be interesting to look back years from now and compare the Skip Holtz era to the Robert McCullum era and see who did more damage to the program they coached.

Neither program was exactly setting the world on the fire before they took over so that's going to be a pretty tough call ....

This is why people don't respect these forums.

This is even a better reason:

You also don't understand that Skippy has caused USF to stay in the BE and join the new CUSA.

Yea I don't get how as a head coach you could pull a qb..and then put him back in the game. It doesn't make sense to the kid let alone the fans. It sends a message you do not know what your trying to do and your embarassing your team and the individual kid. One minute he isnt good enough and now he is.

Wasn't he taken out following that roughing the passer penalty?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

I was there...we suck

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Fanbase? What fanbase? Skip destroyed the fanbase a long time ago with this dumpster fire. It will be interesting to look back years from now and compare the Skip Holtz era to the Robert McCullum era and see who did more damage to the program they coached.

Hold on. That is completely unfair. Coach McCullum didn't take over a winning program with a stocked cupboard. He took over a program that needed a house cleaning. He also left a nice gift for Coach Heath, he signed Dominique Jones. Jones was a McCullum recruit who was in the program when Stan got here. (and I am not trying to diminish the great job Stan has done with our program, I am fully behind him) ..... but I will not say that Coach McCullum was bad for USF. You have to remember, until the very recent times (Muma Center, new Sun Dome) USF was a very tough place for a basketball coach to win (men or women).

I am not saying that a change wasn't needed (the one that brought in Coach Heath) .... but Coach McCullum wasn't a program destroyer, he did a lot of good things here that will never be appreciated properly.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

2012 has made me believe the old quote. Our fanbase

"has the arrogance of Notre Dame, and the tradition of Wake Forest."

I understand we're not happy, but relentlessly booing all game was lame.

I've said for weeks, we just want to be spoon fed success. While Skip has failed, our fanbase doesn't seem to recognize that it happens. They've held everything to a standard that a school like Ohio State or Alabama would. Be it booing, threatening to cancel tickets, or whatever.

Not saying Skip shouldn't go. He should. It's best for both sides. But our fanbase needs to grow the **** up and KNOW that this ISN'T going to be the last rough year as we grow and build a program.

Yep, I have been saying this all season. Don't abandon the team. The administration knows that Skip needs to win games or his is gone. If he isn't fired this week, he stays, deal with it but don't boo the team like a UCF fan. Go over to a sports website and check out win/loss records of teams older than 15 years and you will see that every team goes through rough spells, much longer than 1 1/2 seasons. Some of you act like its the end of the world. The sky isn't falling and don't make things worse by doing things UCF fans do at games.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Yea I don't get how as a head coach you could pull a qb..and then put him back in the game. It doesn't make sense to the kid let alone the fans. It sends a message you do not know what your trying to do and your embarassing your team and the individual kid. One minute he isnt good enough and now he is.

Wasn't he taken out following that roughing the passer penalty?

He wasn't taken out for being ineffective. He was shaken up on the roughing the passer.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

This is why people don't respect these forums.

You are a troll and you know it. You don't understand the first thing about how USF students pay the most in tuition money then any other Big East football team. You don't understand the University of South Florida is NOT an academic powerhouse. It needs College sports to get recognition. This is WHY they put so much money into it. You obviously think Skip acting like Scrooge McDuck is acceptable. You also don't understand that Skippy has caused USF to stay in the BE and join the new CUSA. All other BE teams are leaving for Big 10, ACC, etc. We are staying ONLY BECAUSE of SKIP HOLTZ.

If you think a fan base being passionate about there team is bad then please stop following sports. I wish the mods who run this would ban you but obviously they want the advertising $$ from you since you have so many posts.

Revenue Expenses Subsidy % of budget Student Fees Louisville $87,736,323 $81,837,054 $10,061,012 11.50% $1,861,502 Syracuse * $73,287,687 $69,187,052 Connecticut $63,089,340 $62,993,983 $15,029,723 23.80% $8,744,642 West Virginia $60,451,426 $61,709,469 $4,365,703 7.20% $4,219,457 Rutgers $60,190,100 $60,190,100 $28,475,523 47.30% $9,032,350 Pitt * $56,338,449 $56,338,449 Cincinnati $42,724,841 $43,688,807 $14,708,672 34.40% $0 South Florida $41,948,123 $43,494,246 $16,561,617 39.50% $15,231,708

You gave me a good laugh this morning. Now go back to jerking off your boyfriend and dreaming one day about starring for your high school football team.