• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"You go for it here, right?" "Absolutely."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I was booing too. But if it was for Bonani, there was a lot better chance he would make that field goal than we were going to make a miraculous comeback.

It was clear this team had no chance to win the game from about the two minute mark going forward.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I guess I was just raised differently. I'm willing to accept those differences.

But that same mentality can and will kill a football team. Making quitting too easy is just crazy.

And the FG is not the first time Skip has done something like that.

Again, I guess I am old school. I'd celebrate warriors that did everything to get back in it than those that surrender.

I get it, I guess.

My feelings exactly. Who cares if the game was out of reach at that point. Have some belief in your players, coach.

But he has a weak sack, I knew that going into the game and so I'm not surprised.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Senior night and you want to get Bonani a play during his final game. The play had no outcome on the game.

IF that is what was running through Skips mind, I applaud him for that.

I don't. You're down by 27. At least show that you believe your players have a chance of getting in the endzone. I hope Bonani would have wanted to kick a PAT in that situation rather than a FG.

We were raised wrong ...and hence the first shutout pitched against the Bulls was in the Meineke Bowl when Leavitt thought they should go for the TD and not take the meaningless FG. Well. I blame Leavitt I guess. I guess we ratchet down the expectations if they have not been already.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

3 wins. it is ratched way down. wait til we lose to ucf next year.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Senior night and you want to get Bonani a play during his final game. The play had no outcome on the game.

This is the only justification for bringing in Bonani. Unfortunately Holtz's previous decisions during the Miami game blurred the reason for kicking the FG.

This is the only justification for bringing in Bonani. Unfortunately Holtz's previous decisions during the Miami game blurred the reason for kicking the FG.

Exactly.

We can continue to make excuses (as he does), but is this something to be proud of?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  0

You would get Bonani a play. WHEN WE SCORED THE TOUCHDOWN. How do you have faith as a player when the coach obviously has no faith in you? He didn't believe in his team and quite frankly that's all I need to hear to start booing the guy.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Exactly.

We can continue to make excuses (as he does), but is this something to be proud of?

Does it matter?

We have much bigger issues than that decision.

I was booing too. But if it was for Bonani, there was a lot better chance he would make that field goal than we were going to make a miraculous comeback.

It was clear this team had no chance to win the game from about the two minute mark going forward.

I praise you for booing the call. I know you wouldn't boo the players. But you know....you don't teach a team to quit. At the very worst, you teach them to persevere and you work on sticking that ball in the end zone so you benefit some time in the future. You know the other team wants to shut you out. Kicking a FG is weak in my opinion, drive that ball into the end zone. Honor your guys for persevering, not for taking the path of least resistance.

I'm really angry about this and am respecting the profanity rules. I'm very angry.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Exactly.

Does it matter?

We have much bigger issues than that decision.

I think a better way to say what you said is that this decision is symptomatic of the bigger issues you're talking about.