• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting article about the New Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

In keeping with the times, you have to love the photo gallery to the right of the article which shows Eagles fans with bags on their heads.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

But here's that list retyped: Philadelphia (4), Dallas (5), Washington D.C. (8), Houston (10), Tampa Bay (13), Orlando (19), San Diego (28), Hartford (30), Cincinnati (34), Memphis (48), New Orleans (52), Greenville (99), Boise (112).

The numbers in the parentheses represent that city's place in Nielsen's list of the country's largest television markets. Boise and East Carolina do not extend to major metropolitan areas, but do provide the conference a presence in two additional regions.

Wouldn't Navy also bring in the Baltimore TV market? Or is that one in the same as Washington, DC?

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

But here's that list retyped: Philadelphia (4), Dallas (5), Washington D.C. (8), Houston (10), Tampa Bay (13), Orlando (19), San Diego (28), Hartford (30), Cincinnati (34), Memphis (48), New Orleans (52), Greenville (99), Boise (112).

The numbers in the parentheses represent that city's place in Nielsen's list of the country's largest television markets. Boise and East Carolina do not extend to major metropolitan areas, but do provide the conference a presence in two additional regions.

Wouldn't Navy also bring in the Baltimore TV market? Or is that one in the same as Washington, DC?

Good question and you could make the argument that Navy is the team with the largest national following. I have heard the ACC may try to entice them to join too.

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,338
  • Days Won:  10

Same, they cover both markets. I love Annapolis, it is an amazing place.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903

Same, they cover both markets. I love Annapolis, it is an amazing place.

Is that like saying Tampa-St Petersburg? Or do they have seperate cable providers? I ask because if 1 school can bring 2 distinct markets, that is a windfall for the Big East.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That is great and all but in how many of those markets is the Big East team the most popular college football team?

Hartford. Boise. Maybe Greenville.

Networks know that.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

I grew up in Maryland. Baltimore and DC are 2 distinct markets despite only being 30 miles apart. They have different local TV networks, cable providers, etc. Baltimore by itself is a small market. I think its ranked in the upper 20's to low 30's. DC is a top 10 market. When you combine the 2 its about the same size market as combining Tampa and Orlando.

There aren't a lot of great places to visiit in Maryland, but Annapolis is the exception. Its beautiful. I would love to take a road trip up there with the Bulls. It would give me an excuse to visit friends and family and I just love Annapolis.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490

I grew up in Maryland. Baltimore and DC are 2 distinct markets despite only being 30 miles apart. They have different local TV networks, cable providers, etc. Baltimore by itself is a small market. I think its ranked in the upper 20's to low 30's. DC is a top 10 market. When you combine the 2 its about the same size market as combining Tampa and Orlando.

There aren't a lot of great places to visiit in Maryland, but Annapolis is the exception. Its beautiful. I would love to take a road trip up there with the Bulls. It would give me an excuse to visit friends and family and I just love Annapolis.

I grew up in Crofton. I would love to see the Bulls play in Annapolis as well!

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Baltimore and DC are definitely different. The Washington DC market is No. 8, while Baltimore is somewhere around No. 20.