• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skippy Rumor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

one game should not decide the fate of a coach. not a huge difference between 3-9 and 4-8.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Josh was on Twitter on the last day or so saying that even though Holtz may get fired that he doesn't know for sure. Yet, the decision has likely already been made, but that the supporters will "need" a USF win over Pitt to bring back Skip.

I hope we lose. If that's the case.

I highly dount that this game is a "win and keep your job game". In my opinion, the decision has already been made.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

Josh was on Twitter on the last day or so saying that even though Holtz may get fired that he doesn't know for sure. Yet, the decision has likely already been made, but that the supporters will "need" a USF win over Pitt to bring back Skip.

I highly dount that this game is a "win and keep your job game". In my opinion, the decision has already been made.

Either way, I agree. Doesn't matter if we win or lose vs Pitt, the decision has already been made (if not, then Doug is not the man for this job).

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Where did I say if Skip wins he keeps his job? I said his supporters "need" a win but that the decision has already been made. Where "need" means, if we beat Pitt it can be sort of sold that "Oh, we beat Pitt with half our team injured, we're ready to make the jump." If we lose by 40 and the decision was to keep Holtz, what do the supporters have to say?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Where did I say if Skip wins he keeps his job? I said his supporters "need" a win but that the decision has already been made. Where "need" means, if we beat Pitt it can be sort of sold that "Oh, we beat Pitt with half our team injured, we're ready to make the jump." If we lose by 40 and the decision was to keep Holtz, what do the supporters have to say?

I knew what you meant. Was just saying that the supporters who "need" the victory aren't going to be able to save Skip if the decision has already been made.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271

Skip will remain. Word on campus going through all the offices right now is that USF would rather not buy him out. Too much moola.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

If he is the man that everyone says he is he should negoiate a "lower" buyout to save USF some cash and make himself look better for his next potential employer.....

Just sayin......

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Skip will remain. Word on campus going through all the offices right now is that USF would rather not buy him out. Too much moola.

So USF would rather pay $10 million over 5 years and keep him instead of paying him $2.5 million over 5 years to make him leave? I call ******** on that one....

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, 247 is legit, Im sort of shocked, maybe it will at least light a fire under his butt.

Wish Holtz would've lit his fire after Ball St but I'm afraid even a big win tomorrow will do little to improve his standing with the fan and media.