• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS sports reporting ACC 14th team will be chosen this week

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

All of this stuff used to concern me but Skippy's destruction of the program makes it to where none of this matters. We were in a downward spiral when he was hired in 2010, we just did not know it yet.

Disagree about the downward spiral back when Skip was hired, Leavitt might not have been the best coach but he made us what we were.

Agree about how Skippy has destroyed this program... even if he rights the ship in two years or so and gets us back to where we were under Leavitt, he should still be fired.

We didn't go into a downward "spiral" when Skip was hired. In fact we had 3 of our most notable ooc wins with him. The "spiral" would have started with the 5th game of his 2nd year here .... and for God's sake, please stop with the "destroyed the program" melodramatics. It makes those that spew that sound ridiculous ...

I will refrain from doing so only because it is you who asked, Trip.

I did say "please" ... ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

All of this stuff used to concern me but Skippy's destruction of the program makes it to where none of this matters. We were in a downward spiral when he was hired in 2010, we just did not know it yet.

Disagree about the downward spiral back when Skip was hired, Leavitt might not have been the best coach but he made us what we were.

Agree about how Skippy has destroyed this program... even if he rights the ship in two years or so and gets us back to where we were under Leavitt, he should still be fired.

We didn't go into a downward "spiral" when Skip was hired. In fact we had 3 of our most notable ooc wins with him. The "spiral" would have started with the 5th game of his 2nd year here .... and for God's sake, please stop with the "destroyed the program" melodramatics. It makes those that spew that sound ridiculous ...

I LOL'd

When Leavitt plateaued, USF was an overachieving 25-50 rank team

Under Holtz, we have become an underachieving 50-75 rank team.

Neither of them could/ can take USF where we want to go, Leavitt because he was consistently outmaneuvered by the coaching of our conference competitors, Holtz because he truly doesn't have a clue what it means to even maneuver (much less out-maneuver) at the highest levels of D1 football.

This again .... I don't know what the problem is with him here but I do know THAT'S not it. You're acting like he jumped from the Patriot League to the SEC ... Plus, he defeated 6 teams from the "highest levels of D1 football" while at ECU and defeated 3 "highest levels of D1 football" ooc programs his first year and a quarter here. He obviously out maneuvered those type teams before. Intimating he's like some deer in the headlights when facing these type programs just doesn't make sense.

I LOL'd

You are way too easily amused ...

Neither of them could/ can take USF where we want to go, Leavitt because he was consistently outmaneuvered by the coaching of our conference competitors, Holtz because he truly doesn't have a clue what it means to even maneuver (much less out-maneuver) at the highest levels of D1 football.

This again .... I don't know what the problem is with him here but I do know THAT'S not it. You're acting like he jumped from the Patriot League to the SEC ... Plus, he defeated 6 teams from the "highest levels of D1 football" while at ECU and defeated 3 "highest levels of D1 football" ooc programs his first year and a quarter here. He obviously out maneuvered those type teams before. Intimating he's like some deer in the headlights when facing these type programs just doesn't make sense.

"deer in the headlights" is EXACTLY the look on his face any time the camera cuts to him during games.

I LOL'd

You are way too easily amused ...

Tru dat. I'm a happy guy!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

"deer in the headlights" is EXACTLY the look on his face any time the camera cuts to him during games.

Exactamundo, but seeing as Trip is probably at most of the games (the home ones anyhoo), he might not be as used to the DITH look as we out-of-towners are.

May be .... but it's not because of the "juggernauts" he's playing against.

Exactamundo, but seeing as Trip is probably at most of the games (the home ones anyhoo), he might not be as used to the DITH look as we out-of-towners are.

Personally, I think the problem is USF Nehru jacket thingy he's worn at pretty much every game since he's been here ...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

He wears it because he's too fat for a polo shirt.