• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If this is true I am beyond furious. Demand action now B4 it's too late.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

There is a running thread on the BE board that UC, UL, and UConn all will accept ACC bids. Don't know if true. But if it is I will be beyond furious and angry at a system that takes in 7 of 8 BE teams and leaves only one out. Where is the loyalty from our BE conf mates to ensure only one team doesn't get screwed. Are USF admin working on this 24 hours a day if needed. I am sick of this process. This better not be true where USF the one and only team to get screwed. If true I guess no one has USF's backs in BE and everyone is out for number 1. USF BETTER NOT BE THE ONLY TEAM LEFT OUT AND USF BETTER BE WORKING 25 HOURS A DAY TO GET INTO ACC OR B12. Demand action now before it's too late.

USF NATION. RISE UP AND DEMAND ACTION. DEMAND USF NOT REST UNTIL WE GET OUT OF BIG EAST.

Do you REALLY think that they aren't in the process of doing something?

Are you that naive?

Athletics brings in MILLIONS in $$$ to the university. You can bet your ass that they are on the phones.

But we are stuck in a bad situation. We are an outlier to most conferences.

And in the only ones we can fit, we are a new (by football standards) school being held back by the other in-state traditional powers

perhaps he thinks that they are supposed to post here or send out an e-mail and tell everyone what backroom deals they are trying to arrange-- cuz you know-- no one would mind them doing that.

Would a daily text message letting us know who they've called concerning conference realignment, who's called them, talking points of the conversations, maybe a transcript, really be too much to ask .....??

WTF???

...I demand a personalized typed daily memo hand delivered by Genshaft and Woolard, followed by a 15 min briefing.

...DAILY

******* spoiled, unrealistic fans ....

What?

Isn't that the way all "Big Time Programs" do things???

"Big Time Programs" have Real Time communications with their fans ... No need for antiquated briefings.

As long as they can get uniform colors tweeted out before the game, that's all we need.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

There is a running thread on the BE board that UC, UL, and UConn all will accept ACC bids. Don't know if true. But if it is I will be beyond furious and angry at a system that takes in 7 of 8 BE teams and leaves only one out. Where is the loyalty from our BE conf mates to ensure only one team doesn't get screwed. Are USF admin working on this 24 hours a day if needed. I am sick of this process. This better not be true where USF the one and only team to get screwed. If true I guess no one has USF's backs in BE and everyone is out for number 1. USF BETTER NOT BE THE ONLY TEAM LEFT OUT AND USF BETTER BE WORKING 25 HOURS A DAY TO GET INTO ACC OR B12. Demand action now before it's too late.

USF NATION. RISE UP AND DEMAND ACTION. DEMAND USF NOT REST UNTIL WE GET OUT OF BIG EAST.

Do you REALLY think that they aren't in the process of doing something?

Are you that naive?

Athletics brings in MILLIONS in $$$ to the university. You can bet your ass that they are on the phones.

But we are stuck in a bad situation. We are an outlier to most conferences.

And in the only ones we can fit, we are a new (by football standards) school being held back by the other in-state traditional powers

perhaps he thinks that they are supposed to post here or send out an e-mail and tell everyone what backroom deals they are trying to arrange-- cuz you know-- no one would mind them doing that.

Would a daily text message letting us know who they've called concerning conference realignment, who's called them, talking points of the conversations, maybe a transcript, really be too much to ask .....??

WTF???

...I demand a personalized typed daily memo hand delivered by Genshaft and Woolard, followed by a 15 min briefing.

...DAILY

******* spoiled, unrealistic fans ....

What?

Isn't that the way all "Big Time Programs" do things???

"Big Time Programs" have Real Time communications with their fans ... No need for antiquated briefings.

As long as they can get uniform colors tweeted out before the game, that's all we need.

Lol, post of the week.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

There is a point in life and a point in every institution that is the critical turning point. That point is now. Am I the only one to see this??

No I said the same thing in another thread and someone made some witty quip back. I never thought I would say this, but if the other three get in and we are left out, I might be out too.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I just traded in all my USF gear plus $69.95 and got a super looking Louisville Cards hoodie! Now I'm going to relax and imbibe a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

Edited by mviusa
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

If we lose every game from here on and are demoted to FCS football I will still bleed green and gold and go to games at Ray Jay till I rot. Sure its not right to just sit and watch the program lose but its my school and its my team.

Even though I'm just a senior at USF its easy to see who are the "fans" who somehow became fans after the #2 ranking here. Our bandwagon is now a single-engine but I kind of like the fact the dead weight is falling off.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I'm not less of a USF fan per se, but I am much less of a college football fan than I was five years ago. If that's going to make people wag their finger and pat themselves on the back for being some sort of made-up super fan, good for them. The nonstop conference carousel and the corruption and hypocrisy that accompany it have ruined the sport for me, though. I still follow USF pretty closely, but I watch fewer games every weekend and by next year I'm not sure I'll be watching a single college football game most weeks.

College football is the only major sport in the US where the rules are designed to create an imbalanced playing field rather than prevent it. It is barely even a legitimate competition at this point, in my view. And this so-called "playoff" that is being introduced is in line with that problem, so there's no reason to believe any progress will be made in this regard.

Edited by gobulls83

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not less of a USF fan per se, but I am much less of a college football fan than I was five years ago. If that's going to make people wag their finger and pat themselves on the back for being some sort of made-up super fan, good for them. The nonstop conference carousel and the corruption and hypocrisy that accompany it have ruined the sport for me, though. I still follow USF pretty closely, but I watch fewer games every weekend and by next year I'm not sure I'll be watching a single college football game most weeks.

College football is the only major sport in the US where the rules are designed to create an imbalanced playing field rather than prevent it. It is barely even a legitimate competition at this point, in my view. And this so-called "playoff" that is being introduced is in line with that problem, so there's no reason to believe any progress will be made in this regard.

Right on.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

I would disagree...

The limit of 85 scholarships did much to level the playing field. It's the reason schools like Boise State can run with the big dogs. Not allowing the "wealthy" schools to stockpile talent rather than let them go to other schools and start made a big difference.

In 1976 when Johnny Majors won the NC at Pitt with Tony Dorsett, they signed 125 recruits to scholarships the next year.

Edited by Plantation Pete

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I don't care. I'll be a Bulls sports fan until they dismantle our entire athletics facilities. As long as I'm here in Tampa, I will be here at Bulls games.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I would disagree...

The limit of 85 scholarships did much to level the playing field. It's the reason schools like Boise State can run with the big dogs. Not allowing the "wealthy" schools to stockpile talent rather than let them go to other schools and start made a big difference.

In 1976 when Johnny Majors won the NC at Pitt with Tony Dorsett, they signed 125 recruits to scholarships the next year.

So what your saying here is it was a pretty small class compared to Bama ?