• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Dept has issues

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Don't buy the "we can't afford to fire him" argument.

Fire skip: Pay 500k a year for 4 years.

New coach: 1.25ish million per year

Buyout plus new coach: 1.75m

Savings: 250k

Increased revenue from attendance, renewed interest, etc: Something above zero

We cant afford not to fire him.

Leaders have to make tough decisions. This guy (Holtz) is a complete loser and the evidence is in the games this season. How did you like watching that Miami game on Saturday? You are telling me talent-wise that we have dropped that much? A coach that has no idea how to work the game clock? The defensive secondary has to be one of the worst I have seen.

We held with Miami for the first half, then at half time the Miami coaches made adjustments and came out and killed us. This is what real coaches do... I guess at half time instead of making adjustments Skip just did a big group hug, giggled, and pissed his pants.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

And his assistants? Gotta buy them out. His office staff?

If it were only the simple math you make.

Isn't cosh the only one other then holtz with a guaranteed salary for next year?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

only 1 assistant has a guarantee for next year. Cosh.

not sure how office staff works but I can't imagine they have guarantees.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

I thought we don't pay assistants and that's why they bail.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  901
  • Days Won:  0

colin whines about his old job like sheriff whines about his old coach

kids these days

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Sounds like you need to get laid LonelyBull. Collin wrote a decent article. When I was living out of my tent, I realized real quick that USF didn't take care of the people doing the grunt work (marketing the school, etc). I had already experienced that in the military for six years. No matter how much I love USF, I wouldn't work for peanuts (and USF expects their employees to devalue their own worth). I never applied for a position for USF for two reasons:

1. I never felt anyone in the administration would ever take me serious considering how I approached life during my college years. However, my grades were good - 3.4+ GPA... and in my eyes, the school was more marketable/memorable as a whole after I graduated. Unfortunately, my reputation for partying in college would never garner the respect of those above me (and I realized it).

2. Collin's article summarized my other sentiments exactly.

Sorry if my rants about Leavitt offend you. I've tried toning things down over the last couple of years... the bring back Leavitt threads were ridiculous though and it never hurts to give a friendly reminder why things were going South with the program. Did Leavitt give his all? Without a doubt. Unfortunately, as a fan base, we realized his all wasn't good enough over time.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

colin whines about his old job like sheriff whines about his old coach

kids these days

I wouldn't have let Collin write a post just to try and get raises for his buddies. I hear the same things he does. Doug has created a cesspool in that building.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135

It may be beyond the abilities of an institution this seemingly dysfunctional to fix itself. Nevertheless something needs to be done. So what can we (fans) do to help affect change? I would like to believe we are not powerless or without influence in this situation.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  176

It may be beyond the abilities of an institution this seemingly dysfunctional to fix itself. Nevertheless something needs to be done. So what can we (fans) do to help affect change? I would like to believe we are not powerless or without influence in this situation.

Get signs, around 20 or so people, and stand outside the Administration or Athletics offices. Demand answers.

These people have so much money you can't hurt them financially, but the next most precious thing they have is their pride. Embarrass them. Have a Times writer take pictures of you picketing Judy's window. Embarrassing her will force her hand. Writing emails or petitions do nothing, but dragging her out into the public square hurts her reputation. And she won't have that.

But of course we all have lives, so that won't happen.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Get signs, around 20 or so people, and stand outside the Administration or Athletics offices. Demand answers.

These people have so much money you can't hurt them financially, but the next most precious thing they have is their pride. Embarrass them. Have a Times writer take pictures of you picketing Judy's window. Embarrassing her will force her hand. Writing emails or petitions do nothing, but dragging her out into the public square hurts her reputation. And she won't have that.

But of course we all have lives, so that won't happen.

Hopefully some students will organize something...the ones who care anyway...