• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

you have to love Stan, pulling all the tricks to pack the dome

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

It's so funny that many on here wanted Heath fired two seasons ago.

I think that can mostly be attributed to one very, very clueless poster being good at presenting his total nonsense in such a way that, to someone not paying close attention, actually makes it seem like it makes a lick of sense. That poster has been awfully quiet the past year or so, after never seeming to tire of hearing his own voice for a long time before that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

I think if you proabbly go back and look, it wasn't really that many but the ones who did had really, really big mouths .... or the Internet board equivalent.

Wow, that is hilarious. That is a first for me, I have never seen a head coach do that; I like his gusto. Very grounded, you will never see Bill Donovan doing that.

I think Greenberg did it back in the day - Greenbergopolis

I think Seth did it for the students who had already bought in ... like you said, at Greenbergopolis. I'm not sure he ever went around trying to get people to come like Stan was doing .

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think if you proabbly go back and look, it wasn't really that many but the ones who did had really, really big mouths .... or the Internet board equivalent.

I think it's probably a few more than you remember.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780

Wow, that is hilarious. That is a first for me, I have never seen a head coach do that; I like his gusto. Very grounded, you will never see Bill Donovan doing that.

Donovan doesn't have to do it ... and hopefully the day comes when Stan doesn't have to either.

No one is pointing a gun to Stan's head or giving orders from the AD to go out and sell pizza to the students in order to increase attendance. He is doing this b/c he wants to help his team by incentivising attendance (i.e. handing out free pizza). My point is that if Donovan needed to do something to increase attendance, he wouldn't be handing out free pizza to students. I am complimenting Heath on putting aside any ego or pride issues that may come along with handing out pizza to students in order to bring in more attendance. I have never met Heath, but he seems like a good person and a peoples person.

I think Greenberg did it back in the day - Greenbergopolis

If my memory serves me correct, this is going back many years, didn't they give out free beer before the games? I believe right outside the Dome, while waiting for the doors to open.

Before football, this never had to be done. The games that I went to when I was a student at USF were always packed; this was of course before football. Basketball games were the place to go to cheer for your team.

I think it's probably a few more than you remember.

I'm trying to be kindler and gentler ...

Donovan doesn't have to do it ... and hopefully the day comes when Stan doesn't have to either.

No one is pointing a gun to Stan's head or giving orders from the AD to go out and sell pizza to the students in order to increase attendance. He is doing this b/c he wants to help his team by incentivising attendance (i.e. handing out free pizza). My point is that if Donovan needed to do something to increase attendance, he wouldn't be handing out free pizza to students. I am complimenting Heath on putting aside any ego or pride issues that may come along with handing out pizza to students in order to bring in more attendance. I have never met Heath, but he seems like a good person and a peoples person.

I see what you mean and I agree there ....

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

I think that can mostly be attributed to one very, very clueless poster being good at presenting his total nonsense in such a way that, to someone not paying close attention, actually makes it seem like it makes a lick of sense. That poster has been awfully quiet the past year or so, after never seeming to tire of hearing his own voice for a long time before that.

Our last three seasons include an ncaa berth and nit, plus a start player going first round. Do admit the first couple of seasons weren't much better then mccollum. But you could feel we were trending in right direction.