• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good, Bad, Ugly vs UCF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

They have had ON campus sports for at least four years in football and basketball. Their students understand how to act in games. Our student's probably havent been to a basketball game since before last year, or maybe even never. In basketball our students probably haven't ever been to a game most of them. I think once we get a few games and hopefully W's under our belt. We should have a more active student section.

Hope you're right ... The quantity of students was definitely there.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Great to see BB Waldron back. He is actually working at USF and finishing up his degree.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Great to see BB Waldron back. He is actually working at USF and finishing up his degree.

That's great news about the degree .... very nice seeing both him and Tron there. Also good to see the guys with the jerseys hanging in the rafters there also.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Are there really Indians buried beneath the Dome?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

As a Sophmore who was in the Student Section tonight, I can tell you that everyone was really into the game. No, not our game, the TAMU/Bama one. I kept on hearing people yelling the latest updates lol

I think one of the issues might have been that Sophmores like me who haven't been to a *true* home game, new Freshman, and Juniors/Seniors who never had a reason to be thirlled about our basketball team don't have many traditions developed. Traditions are what get the students involved. We have a couple in the football student section, but I didn't realize there were different traditions for our basketball team. For example, When our team makes a free throw, you stamp twice, clap twice, and hold out your right arm, make the bulls symbol, and shout "bulls". I'd give it a few games for the traditions to be learned by the new students.

On another note, I'm assuming it's intentional, but I love that the USA flag is above the student section.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

That's great news about the degree .... very nice seeing both him and Tron there. Also good to see the guys with the jerseys hanging in the rafters there also.

Which former players were there? I'd love to see a list.

Were Lee Rose and Bobby Paschal there?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

I hope you do these after every game. I really like the Good, Bad, and Ugly

I will try to, but I may not be able to watch/attend every game.

Ugly - The UCF fans making the Sun Dome seem like their house with those chants. That was an embarrassing moment for any one associated with USF.

We have an apathetic student body. You compare the two athletic programs and their marketing, you'll see why. They are breeding a culture of loyalty, pride and tradition over there, we are not sadly.

That is the one thing I can not stand about this university. The students filled up our section, plus a decent chunk of the 3rd level as overflow, but sat on their asses the entire game. I swear, the people around me seemed absolutely shocked at how UCF fans were acting, especially when they started the "blackkk...gollldd" chant. That's kiddy stuff...show them the Cameron crazies and they won't be able to focus on the game.

I grew up going to games at UCF and saw the evolution of Kirks Jerks into "THe Knightmare" in the past few years or so and can do nothing but shake my head at our situation. For people that say its because our team hasn't given us anything to cheer for...go look at ucfs basketball the last few years. Yeah, theyve been a solid team but haven't been near the NCAA tourney recently. Plus they've been in freaking conference usa, while we've been fortunate enough to see some of the best programs in the history of college basketball roll through our doors and play in our crummy old gym in front of 3,000 people. UCF was drawing maybe a 1,000 people a game playing in a warehouse against the ASUN just a decade ago for crying out loud! We drew 7,717 for the opener of our new arena against a rival...UCF draws that for your run of the mill Cusa game. Where the hell were the alumni tonight???

So let's see...

Worse than them at basketball, baseball, and probably football......fan-frickin-tastic. Oh yeah, and they haven't had the opportunity to recruit with the big east tag yet. Glad we got that "head start". People on this board have been blind to what has been going on over there the past couple years and tonight was a huge wake up call to our fan base. Speaking of conferences, tonight made me thankful I'm graduating this year and won't be here to witness the future of the Big Mountain USA Conference on a consistent basis.

Go Bulls....or something like that.

Edited by SattyBull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

avatar says it all. why is this guy coming off the bench again???

go bulls

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

One more Bad it was the key for the blowout loss.

Anthony Collins got destroyed, owned, raped, whatever term people use these days, by Isaiah Sykes. Collins was voted 2nd team all BE and Heath went to the media declaring that Collins is the Beast PG in the Big East. Well he certainly didn't live up to that hype last night. He got schooled so bad last night that Heath had to try and hide him from Sykes, who was looking to make a statement against the so called best PG in th Big East. Sykes line of 26pts, 11rebs, and 8assts made him look like Collins and USF were facing Dwayne Wade or Jason Kidd in his prime.

If Collins can't do better then he did last night both defensively and offensively USF will finish dead last in the Big East. Your PG can't lose head-to-head battles like last night and expect the team to do well.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I hope you do these after every game. I really like the Good, Bad, and Ugly

I will try to, but I may not be able to watch/attend every game.

Ugly - The UCF fans making the Sun Dome seem like their house with those chants. That was an embarrassing moment for any one associated with USF.

We have an apathetic student body. You compare the two athletic programs and their marketing, you'll see why. They are breeding a culture of loyalty, pride and tradition over there, we are not sadly.

It is amazing how useless our marketing department is

it has always been this way