• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In other news, our meteoric rise to IA status challenged by an upstart !!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

I suppose with our dwindling fan base we might be able to build a small version of an OCS in similar fashion now

or adapt the soccer stadium for some of the smaller games

nah - probably not.

usf doesnt need nor deserve a stadium on campus

a complete waste of money

if usf doesnt get in a big 5 conference the question of maintaining football needs to be addressed

yes--- no one should ever build a stadium until they are successful - /sarcasm

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

Well...here's a nice time lapse of the stadium being built. Being from that neck o'the woods, I'll be going to one of their games next year, just to check it out.

Who knows, sports fans...with the ever changing landscape of collegiate football, we may one day be playing in that stadium....just sayin' :stirpot:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

An upstart eh? Oh man do I have a GREATdeal for them! I'm sure they're looking for a HC? How about Skip Holtz??? Get this, he's LOU HOLTZ'S son!! Can't go wrong with that!

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

An upstart eh? Oh man do I have a GREATdeal for them! I'm sure they're looking for a HC? How about Skip Holtz??? Get this, he's LOU HOLTZ'S son!! Can't go wrong with that!

they're trying to take a step forward, not two steps back :D

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'm very familiar with this program, whether they go USF's route or FAU/FIU remains to be seen. The goal was to build on campus to create more student life

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'm very familiar with this program, whether they go USF's route or FAU/FIU remains to be seen. The goal was to build on campus to create more student life

Brilliant!

Too bad USF does not understand that an OCS would create more student life and bring in more people to visit the campus vs. playing 15 miles off campus in a red stadium.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, but it seems to me that UNCC took the route of bringing the team & OCS to completion at the same time. Don't know why USF didn't do that, but it is what it is. Being familiar with UNCC, it had a lot in common with USF (being Drive-Thru-U, located in a large metropolitan region, and even competing in the same conference for a while). Their initial schedule doesn't look very appealing, but like I said, I'll be there for one game to scope everything out, it appears to be less 'erector set' than the one down the road.....

http://oxblue.com/open/rodgersbuilders/charlotte49ers

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

I would guess the big difference is money and possibly funding the stadium via university resources (different state-- maybe different setup). There are ways to build a stadium that incorporate other needs alongside the stadium (the outer shell being classrooms or dorms etc) so that infrastructure costs are shared/lessened.

anyway-- good luck to them. Having been to the campus and gone to a game in that NFL stadium-- it is hardly the same setup USF enjoys in terms of driving ease. I recall it taking about 45 minutes to get there (then finding a parking location)

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

How much stadium debt does an annual payment of $2 million support?