• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Plan to Save USF...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I know that Doug and Judy read TBP from time to time... so I'm posting this here for them to look over and consider...

1. Fire Cosh ASAP and appoint an assist coord as his replacement... don't give this replacement anything more then a few thousand stipend for the extra work.

2. Fire Skip Holtz at the end of the season... this move saves our recruits... the season is toast so it does not matter when Skip gets canned.

3. Hire Terry Bowden from Akron. Terry is currently being paid $450,000 a year so give him $650,000 and put the left overs that we were paying Skip towards two kick ass coordinators (OC and DC).

4. Take the left over salary that would had been paid to Skip, Cosh, and Finch and hire Larry Coker as our OC who is the HC for Texas-San Antonio and is being paid $250,000. Pay him $350,000 and hire him. Coker was an awesome OC with Miami when they won their last NT. Then take the left over money and see if you can hire Cristobal from FIU as our DC. If not him then you can get Randy Shannon from TCU who is a linebackers coach and was an awesome DC while at Miami. At TCU he is making $175,000 so pay him $250,000 and call it a day.

All have name recognition not just in Florida, but throughout the South and along the Atlantic Coast... even if Coker, Cristobal, Bowden, or Shannon want a bit more $$ then we still have some wiggle room. Skip makes $1.9 million a season... just round it up to $2 million even.

Get rid of Skip and find a HC that is good, but will not ditch us for Notre Dame or another gig... also find some coordinators that have a proven track record as coordinators.

With both Coker and Shannon sitting out there we can't afford to pass those two up. These two guys built Miami into a powerhouse back in the later 1990's to early 2000's.

I got Bowden's and Cokers salary from here, and Shannons from a UM forum http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Edited by Bubba Bull

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Sounds resonable, You left out one key component, We may need to Fire Doug W. as well. He has shown that he makes some horrible decisons with contract extentions and money.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693

Sounds resonable, You left out one key component, We may need to Fire Doug W. as well. He has shown that he makes some horrible decisons with contract extentions and money.

Since I'm appealing to Judy or Doug, assuming that they read this post then I decided to leave out the part about firing Woolard.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305

How do we know they read this board?

• Content Count:  182

You want to hire another guy that is living off his fathers name?

He's currently 1-8 at Akron.

I understand he had success at Auburn, but this is not the guy we need.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233

I understand, But based on Doug's hires, contracts ect.... what makes you or anyone think he will do the right thing? I think the problem is deeper than Skip. It goes all the way up to WOOLARD. The sad part is he may very well clean house after the season and fire Skip and company, But I have little to NO faith he will hire the right people.

• Content Count:  182

Also, no one is leaving their head coaching jobs to come coordinate here just for a could extra hundred thousand.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Lost me at Bowden and Coker.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Usually players come to schools because of a coaching staff....so how would firing him save the recruits?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Lost me at Bowden and Coker.

and shannon and cristobal.

he wants a HC that is currently 1-8 at a MAC school, a DC that is currently 1-8 at a sunbelt school

yikes. I would hope we could do better.