• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nothing like watching old games to make me feel better

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

If those teams had Bonani as their kicker they may have won 10 games once or twice. God I miss watching a fast defense, an electric qb, and an offense that was actually fun to watch. How did the Bulls get the ball inside the 20 yd line so many times and not score? I guess Alvarado was worse than I even remember and I remember him being awful

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Just look at the offensive line that has guys 5 yards downfield by the time the RB crosses the line. Every group played lights out football in that game. Night and day difference between those mainly one and two-star recruits and this years three and four-star recruits. Could it have been coaching?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  123
  • Days Won:  0

It is depressing to think about how exciting USF used to be.

I cannot believe how bad we have become.

Thx

jonpfl

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Thx

jonpfl

That game Saturday wasn't exciting to you?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The only thing that wasn't exciting during this past Saturday's game is KNOWING that Ville would drive down the field and score on their last possession.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Thx

jonpfl

First half, same as it ever was. Second half, exciting except when we gave the ball back to Louisville with just over three minutes left and you knew, you absolutely knew that it was more than enough time to not only score, but score a touchdown. Then the realization and dread after that score, that USF had less than a minute and a half to match what UL had just done in slightly over a minute and a half. If there was ever a time for Holtz and Cosh to get that rather large monkey (King Kong at this point) off their collective back, that was the time and they utterly failed. So no, in retrospect it wasn't exciting in a gratifying way unless you are a UL fan or you're one who likes to look at car crashes.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Thx

jonpfl

First half, same as it ever was. Second half, exciting except when we gave the ball back to Louisville with just over three minutes left and you knew, you absolutely knew that it was more than enough time to not only score, but score a touchdown. Then the realization and dread after that score, that USF had less than a minute and a half to match what UL had just done in slightly over a minute and a half. If there was ever a time for Holtz and Cosh to get that rather large monkey (King Kong at this point) off their collective back, that was the time and they utterly failed. So no, in retrospect it wasn't exciting in a gratifying way unless you are a UL fan or you're one who likes to look at car crashes.

What kills me about this: they go into that same soft prevent that allow the offense to move down the field in chunks. The reasoning is "we don't want to give up the big play." Well, in this case, you know they are going to score eventually, right? Based on past experience with like every team we've played, right? So, why not play a regular defense. If you give up the big play, you are in better shape because they were going to score 7 anyway...now they've scored the 7, (or 6 in this case), but you still have some time left on the clock. The prevent almost guarantees they will score AND use up just enough clock so you are screwed. And who knows, maybe you actually get to the quarterback and get the stop or something next time. It's worth trying. Just try it next time. Nothing to lose.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Thx

jonpfl

Of course, it wasn't exciting in a gratifying way, we freaking lost .... but it was still exciting .... in a masochistic way, you knew deep down when Louisville started their last drive that they were going to score but there was still that deeper down hope that maybe not this time.