• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone who thinks....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

once again gets the lead with under 5 to play and gets the blame for the loss. 3 passing TDs today. how many 4th quarter leads given up by defnse in last 2 years? yeah it's on BJ.

BJ is PART of the problem, why can't you admit that?

Because the coaches decided to make him something he wasn't

BJ is Clearly not the issue here DUDE

We saw one real QB tonight, and he wasn't wearing green and gold.

bridgewater had time to tie his shoes back there and still find his receivers running 5 yards from their defenders. BJ didn't have time to blink before the rush was on him. did you see williams ole the guy? didn't even touch him. straight to BJ. what a joke.

Bridgewater had pressure on him all night, he was able to deal with it and keep his eyes up the field and make plays. Bridgewater found his second and third receivers all night long. BJ locks on one receiver the entire time, whether he is wide open or covered by three guys. BJ takes sacks when he has time to throw it away and throws it away when he has time to make a play.

Night and day difference between the two.

DataBull, I get it but let me ask you two questions. Who put us in a position to win with 3 minutes left? Who SH%& the bed with 3 minutes left?

Let me answer that with two questions. Who had a 1:34 yard drive for a TD with his team down by four? Who was unable to get into field goal range with 1:35 left and his team down by three?

• Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

once again gets the lead with under 5 to play and gets the blame for the loss. 3 passing TDs today. how many 4th quarter leads given up by defnse in last 2 years? yeah it's on BJ.

bridgewater had time to tie his shoes back there and still find his receivers running 5 yards from their defenders. BJ didn't have time to blink before the rush was on him. did you see williams ole the guy? didn't even touch him. straight to BJ. what a joke.

Bridgewater had pressure on him all night, he was able to deal with it and keep his eyes up the field and make plays. Bridgewater found his second and third receivers all night long. BJ locks on one receiver the entire time, whether he is wide open or covered by three guys. BJ takes sacks when he has time to throw it away and throws it away when he has time to make a play.

DataBull, I get it but let me ask you two questions. Who put us in a position to win with 3 minutes left? Who SH%& the bed with 3 minutes left?

Let me answer that with two questions. Who had a 1:34 yard drive for a TD with his team down by four? Who was unable to get into field goal range with 1:35 left and his team down by three?

FLOYD!
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I said decade plus, referring to the past ten seasons plus this current one. I'm not counting Blackwell in my point.

why not just say "since Blackwell"

quit being so grouchy

Not being grouchy. I should've just said "since Blackwell." I just love how people see this guy as such a terrible QB. I guess we should place an asterisk next to his name if he passes Grothe on the all-time total yards list in the BE.

I know--- it's the path of least resistance--- either the coach sucks or the QB is terrible

I guess people forget how it was to have Ronnie Banks or Julmiste or any of the other QBs who were not even as good or as consistent as BJ has been. Lord knows we've sat through this "replace the QB" discussion enough times before to know all the ins and outs. It was almost laughable that it happened under Grothe (and he still has a buttload of detractors on here).

Anyway-- the season is won't last forever. BJ will be gone. Heaven help the next guy-- he will need it.

Grothe did a lot with the little he had to work with. We'd have won the BE with him last year.

• Downvote 1

FLOYD!

At this point, it wouldn't upset me to see him get some PT.

USF should send you the doctors bill if it happens

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

It's college football, not the NFL. You can win running the QB and passing less. BJ is better than Collin Klein at KSU, but Snyder is 10 times the coach so he plays to Klein's strengths.

BJ can be inconsistent throwing the ball, so the staff should be building a power running team to take the ball out of his hand. I haven't seen that offense either.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Revisionist history much. How many times did we here "Bridgewater with tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!!!!!!!!"

It's college football, not the NFL. You can win running the QB and passing less. BJ is better than Collin Klein at KSU, but Snyder is 10 times the coach so he plays to Klein's strengths.

BJ can be inconsistent throwing the ball, so the staff should be building a power running team to take the ball out of his hand. I haven't seen that offense either.

oh you see it-- in spurts -- followed by us going back to the passing game for no reason whatsoever

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

BJ isnt THE problem, however, he has a small role in the total problem. He's giving us his best and not giving up. not his faul the defense is swiss cheese.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Plus it doesnt help that our OLine is almost as bad as our defense