• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone who thinks....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

BJ is a pretty stupid QB, his IQ on the field is pretty bad and he has horrible accuracy. He only seems worse now because Holtz doesn't utilize him like Leavitt did in his first year, as a scrambler QB who could make plays with his legs instead of trying to be a pocket QB (which he sucks at). Holtz sucks as a coach, and BJD sucks as a QB, but Holtz is minimizing BJ's speed with how he uses him on offense.

Just a bad combo, because they both suck.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

Same player as in year 1

Exactly

Same player as in year 1

Exactly

When have we ever had a QB improve from year 1 to year 4? Certainly hasn't been anyone the past decade plus.

Marquel Blackwell

Blackwell played his four years the past decade????

you said "past decade plus"
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Same player as in year 1

Exactly

Same player as in year 1

Exactly

When have we ever had a QB improve from year 1 to year 4? Certainly hasn't been anyone the past decade plus.

Marquel Blackwell

he said plus

I said decade plus, referring to the past ten seasons plus this current one. I'm not counting Blackwell in my point.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

BJ is a pretty stupid QB, his IQ on the field is pretty bad and he has horrible accuracy. He only seems worse now because Holtz doesn't utilize him like Leavitt did in his first year, as a scrambler QB who could make plays with his legs instead of trying to be a pocket QB (which he sucks at). Holtz sucks as a coach, and BJD sucks as a QB, but Holtz is minimizing BJ's speed with how he uses him on offense.

Just a bad combo, because they both suck.

BJ is a great qb in the right system. BJ is much better than KSU's qb. KSU's qb is getting heisman hype after being a 4th stringer moved to wide receiver before snyder took over agin. terrible numbers last year. worse runner and passer. snyder knows how to use him though. puts him in a position to succeed.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  87

BJ is definitely "part" if the problem, but not even close to the biggest part. Coaching, entire defense, O-line are all way worse than BJ. Put Eveld or Floyd back there and we are looking at 10 sacks a game.

Same player as in year 1

Exactly

Same player as in year 1

Exactly

Marquel Blackwell

he said plus

I said decade plus, referring to the past ten seasons plus this current one. I'm not counting Blackwell in my point.

why not just say "since Blackwell"

quit being so grouchy

• Downvote 1

BJ is definitely "part" if the problem, but not even close to the biggest part. Coaching, entire defense, O-line are all way worse than BJ. Put Eveld or Floyd back there and we are looking at 10 sacks a game.

you put those two back there and they will get killed--- hurt-- and be out of the game and then we have a pissed off BJ at the the helm anyway. Yeah-- that will work out great.

how about we make an adjustment to our offense that plays on BJ's strengths-- i.e. a rolling pocket-- more of a spread offense

we won't because Skip doesn't want to change even though his job is on the line. It's moronic to keep doing things the same way and expecting different results. He can comfort himself all he wants with this losing by a play or two BS-- but it is the dumbest coaching job I have ever seen from any coach period.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  87

you put those two back there and they will get killed--- hurt-- and be out of the game and then we have a pissed off BJ at the the helm anyway. Yeah-- that will work out great.

how about we make an adjustment to our offense that plays on BJ's strengths-- i.e. a rolling pocket-- more of a spread offense

we won't because Skip doesn't want to change even though his job is on the line. It's moronic to keep doing things the same way and expecting different results. He can comfort himself all he wants with this losing by a play or two BS-- but it is the dumbest coaching job I have ever seen from any coach period.

Just a clarification... I wasn't suggesting to put Eveld or Floyd in the game, just noting that they would get actually destroyed if they did play. Your post is dead on.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Same player as in year 1

Exactly

Same player as in year 1

Exactly

Marquel Blackwell

he said plus

quit being so grouchy

Not being grouchy. I should've just said "since Blackwell." I just love how people see this guy as such a terrible QB. I guess we should place an asterisk next to his name if he passes Grothe on the all-time total yards list in the BE.

quit being so grouchy

Not being grouchy. I should've just said "since Blackwell." I just love how people see this guy as such a terrible QB. I guess we should place an asterisk next to his name if he passes Grothe on the all-time total yards list in the BE.

I know--- it's the path of least resistance--- either the coach sucks or the QB is terrible

I guess people forget how it was to have Ronnie Banks or Julmiste or any of the other QBs who were not even as good or as consistent as BJ has been. Lord knows we've sat through this "replace the QB" discussion enough times before to know all the ins and outs. It was almost laughable that it happened under Grothe (and he still has a buttload of detractors on here).

Anyway-- the season is won't last forever. BJ will be gone. Heaven help the next guy-- he will need it.

• Downvote 1