• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What a concept-take note skipper

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Case in point, O'Leary has repeatedly called out his players in public. Does that make him a good coach?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Team A - get in shootout with crappy team from Indiana, but still win = team defensive meeting

Team B - get in shootout with crappy team from Indiana, but lose = ???

Yeah, seemed like a meeting should have happened after Nevada. But alas, all we hear about turnover margins, lack of interceptions, immobile BJD, and a bunch of other garbage but nothing about the extremely poor defensive efforts and schemes that allow marginal QB's to obtain completion percentages above 70 and third down and long efficiencies above 50%.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds like the Urbanator is saying the problem lies with coaches, players, all needing to get better and there may be some depth chart changes .... but I guess Skip doesn't have the guts to say something like that and it will never happen, unfortunately. :rolleyes:

You ******* are hilarious and blinded by hate.

The difference with holtz is we've sucked for the past year plus and he's finally now saying something. If he makes big changes ill eat crow, I just don't have faith in him doing what he says. Talk is cheap and the only thing he's good at.

Wait... I must have missed the press conference where Holtz actually said something? All I've heard so far is coach speak from him.

What do you want him to say? Holtz said possible changes in depth chart translation by the haters...He hates seniors. Nothing he could say would satiate the haters, need for hate. Look, he needs to fix things, no doubt, but some of you are so blinded by hate that you see fault in everything he does or says. I'm serious when I say this, if we were to win out, some of you would say.."Well why didn't we play like that all season?".

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Sounds like the Urbanator is saying the problem lies with coaches, players, all needing to get better and there may be some depth chart changes .... but I guess Skip doesn't have the guts to say something like that and it will never happen, unfortunately. :rolleyes:

The difference with holtz is we've sucked for the past year plus and he's finally now saying something. If he makes big changes ill eat crow, I just don't have faith in him doing what he says. Talk is cheap and the only thing he's good at.

Wait... I must have missed the press conference where Holtz actually said something? All I've heard so far is coach speak from him.

What do you want him to say? Holtz said possible changes in depth chart translation by the haters...He hates seniors. Nothing he could say would satiate the haters, need for hate. Look, he needs to fix things, no doubt, but some of you are so blinded by hate that you see fault in everything he does or says. I'm serious when I say this, if we were to win out, some of you would say.."Well why didn't we play like that all season?".

And he's giving up on the season ...

Meyer:

"I'm not happy at all with what's going on on defense," the Ohio State coach said a day later. "That includes players, coaches. We can all get better. It's a team effort."

Holtz:

"I'm proud of the way they competed."

Holtz:

“It seems like we keep making the mistakes that get us beat,†USF coach Skip Holtz said. “As the head football coach, it’s my responsibility to evaluate our personnel … our scheme, what we’re doing and who we’re doing it with right now (to) get out of this Groundhog Day rut.â€

You people see and hear want you want to ...

Then what Urban said is coach speak, too ... which why this thread is a joke.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Then what Urban said is coach speak, too ... which why this thread is a joke.

I was actually asking the question... I don't get to read everything so I didn't know if he had infact said anything this week.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

"We're going to demand 4 to 6 seconds of relentless pursuit and effort," Meyer said. Then, he added, "If you don't, I'll be involved in that."

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I'll never eat crow... Skip stinks and the only way we will be able to pull ourselves out of this mess is if he hires coordinators that are better coaches them he is. Skip is apparently an empty suit that does not really do anything expect get paid an ass load of money... the coordinators do the work for him.

So if we win its not because of Skip, its because of the coordinators...

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

I don't even bother watching press conferences -- after sitting through dozens of them after games and during the week, I figured out that you never learn anything about the team. The media sits there hoping for some quote to use or a possible slip up like calling out someone-- but generally, coaches talking to the media is about as useful as following what political leaders say.

To me-- the important thing to keep track is how someone does their actual job. Skip was not hired to be a cheerleader or a public relations man. He was hired to coach and get results on the field. That is the only thing that matters to me. What he says is just noise. Prove yourself on the field