• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chairman of Board of Trustees Knows We're In Trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The state of FL, the ****** watered down Big East, the new practice fields, the other new facilities, the increase in pay pool for assistants. You know, pretty much all of the stuff WSU doesn't have besides an OCS.

The arrogance, combined with ignorance, of some our fans is truly humorous at times .. You have no clue what the facilities at WSU are like ..... but here's a little hint:

I guess I was taking the numerous PAC-12 writers who say WSU has the worst facilities in conference at their word while also putting too much weight behind the facilities here at USF that I've seen.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

The state of FL, the ****** watered down Big East, the new practice fields, the other new facilities, the increase in pay pool for assistants. You know, pretty much all of the stuff WSU doesn't have besides an OCS.

The arrogance, combined with ignorance, of some our fans is truly humorous at times .. You have no clue what the facilities at WSU are like ..... but here's a little hint:

I guess I was taking the numerous PAC-12 writers who say WSU has the worst facilities in conference at their word while also putting too much weight behind the facilities here at USF that I've seen.

No you weren't JTrue, you've been Trip'd but you must get back up. WSU's facilities cannot match ours right now and our "community" stadium is head and horns above their OCS. Sure, they have an indoor balloon field, big whoop! but other than that our facilities are newer and more extensive. You were right on the money but now you're trying to walk it back and you shouldn't. Don't let Trips ability to Google and find pretty pictures disuade your ability to toot the USF Athletics horn, since if you are a donor, a student, a tax payer, and/or a ticket buyer, you are helping to pay for them. There is no reason USF can't have a coach as good as Wazzou's and there is nothing, especially facilities, holding us back from getting one.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

LOL, I have been saying the same thing that Ramil said since the Nevada game and all you members gave me a hard time....now all of you have seen the light!

Fire SKIP STAT!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't bother reading the whole thing, did you?

Why would he do that...

One day I'll learn ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Hopefully, you learn from this and move on ...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  217
  • Days Won:  0

I respect Ramil for not taking this lying down. I'm glad we have at least one representative of the University take a public stand.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

Mr. Ramil,

Stay focused on your issues at TECO.

He's Chairman of the Board of Directors at USF. Why would you want him not paying attention to what is happening at USF? This is an asinine statement. Sure, the guy is a CEO, but he's also a USF alumnus and obviously cares about what happens at the school.

I, for one, hope that the Board of Directors are paying very close attention to everything that goes on at USF, including the athletics department.

Edited by Vroomy

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

The state of FL, the ****** watered down Big East, the new practice fields, the other new facilities, the increase in pay pool for assistants. You know, pretty much all of the stuff WSU doesn't have besides an OCS. But give it 3 years and Leach will have them in the thick of the PAC-12. Probably not on the level of Oregon and USC, but he'll be in the mix like he was with Texas Tech vs. the rest of the Big-12.

The State of Florida?

If you are a Top 10 recruit in the State of Florida why would you choose USF over Florida, Florida State or Miami?

Does USF have better facilities that these other schools have (including practice fields and OCS)?

Does USF have more TV exposure?

Does USF have a history of going to BCS Bowls?

How many NC has USF won?

Pay for assistants? I'll bet USF ranks pretty low in that category and below WSU.

Who said anything about us competing with UF, FSU, Miami? My point was, imagine what a coach of Mike Leach's caliber, someone who turned a horsefeathers Texas Tech program into a a VERY competitive team against Texas, Oklahoma, and the rest of the Big 12. You don't think he could do more than Skip ******* Holtz has done with what he has here? And for the exact same pay. And from a admittedly simple google search, our assistants make the exact same as those at WSU, including Cosh's $325,000 for a DC. If you think what we're getting for our money is equal to what they are, I'd like to hear why.

You are extremely simplistic and naive when comes to college football. Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football. It doesn't matter how great of a coach one is if they don't have talent to work with. It's true some coaches can motivate, teach and outmaneuver other coaches to a limited degree, but if a coach doesn't have talent he will not compete and succeed consistently on the highest level or even in the lowly Big East.

A top flight college football coach will not take a job just for the paycheck. A top flight college football coach is in high demand and has his pick of offers. A top flight college football coach is competitive by nature and those kind of guys want to win a NC. And you can't win a NC without top flight talent. If a top flight college football coach has no chance competing in the school's homestate for talent, he will not take the job.

So, yes...If USF wants to win, they must compete with Florida, Florida State and Miami in salary, facilities, history, tradition, organization, money and most of all recruits. Even at Kentucky Mike Leach had a future No 1 NFL draft pick in Tim Couch. At Oklahoma he had Josh Heupel and at Texas Tech he had the likes of Michael Crabtree.

Oh...one more thing. Leach and Leavitt are good friends and talk regularly, especially after both of them got hosed by their respective schools. I can assure you Leach has a very, very low opinion of Doug Woolard.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

PP you speak as if there is no fluidity amongst teams at the top. Schools can and do rise from mediocrity and they do it with mid-level talent that is coached up better than the opposition,

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Mr. Ramil,

Stay focused on your issues at TECO.

He's Chairman of the Board of Directors at USF. Why would you want him not paying attention to what is happening at USF? This is an asinine statement. Sure, the guy is a CEO, but he's also a USF alumnus and obviously cares about what happens at the school.

I, for one, hope that the Board of Directors are paying very close attention to everything that goes on at USF, including the athletics department.

No point in responding to him. He's a Skip lover.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397

PP you speak as if there is no fluidity amongst teams at the top. Schools can and do rise from mediocrity and they do it with mid-level talent that is coached up better than the opposition,

Really?

Since it happens all the time, list a few of them. Would you consider Ball State or Temple on that list?