• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz and The Peter Principle

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

Not to shiz on the original poster but how did you just find out about the peter principle... I knew about this in 5th grade. Maybe its a sign that I have finally passed the line that separates a young buck from an old turd :wacko:

Regarding the peter principle I think you did nail it with Holtz... he has petered out as has 90% of USF Managers... just had a meeting with the manager I report to about ideas to increase student enrollment in a certain undergrad program and brought up how UCF is kicking our teeth in enrollments for this ug program, and that we need to figure a way out to compete against UCF and stomp them into the mud.

The manager I report to said... "Oh No, we don't need to compete... we should instead foster a mutual relationship of shared ideas and thoughts so UCF see's USF as an ally or peer and not a competitor so they will tell their students to attend USF instead"... I can't make this **** up...

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills while in a mad house...

It should be the goal of every department at USF to crush and destroy UCF. We need to create separation.

Your telling me... sad part is that from what I gather most of the people in charge oppose competition and instead believe that we should "partner" up with other colleges to work together... of course most of the people in charge have never actually had a real job outside of academia so there in lies the problem.

If Holtz is any way like the person I report to then I fully understand why the players have given up... to hear the leader of our dept. say that we should basically beg UCF to give us some business was demoralizing and a wake up call that I need to dust off the ole resume and look elsewhere before this baffoon wrecks my dept.

Wait, you work there? You are correct, you need to go out and get a real job. That paycheck you're getting should be returned. All government workers, university employees and teachers at all levels should be fired and are worthless.

Reminds me of this guy while bashing the government helping people: Note the irony.

Bubba, I apologize for that prior post. I'm still a little ticked off about you calling me a jerk off (when you called all the people from NJ jerk offs). I bit my tongue then and let it fester. Shouldn't have done that. Can't delete it so the best I can do is apologize.

My daughter is a teacher and my wife and I were gov't workers for 30+ years. You hit a nerve.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  370
  • Days Won:  0

Hey! Another thread about how our head coach sucks/is over his head/just doesn't care.

And how this level is so much higher than where he was ..... break out the goggles. We have a problem, and I don't know what exactly it is, but it's not because Skip, himself, is all of a sudden in over his head.

Trip I don't know. I never was a big fan of the Skip hire in part because of his style which was IMO a not to win but stay close and not lose. The other part again just IMO is bringing in a C-USA coach I think they are used to certain level of play and certain level of player. Regardless of what ESPN or other media say I feel the BE has a very high level of play and players. It can be a tough transition and so far it doesn't seem Skip has transitioned well. Can Skip coach in the BE,SEC,Big-10,PAC-10 etc - maybe - I don't know but his performance here doesn't bode well.

Trepidation about his style I can understand if you have that ... the conference he's coming from, not so much. Brian Kelly came from the MAC to the BE... Urban Meyer went from the MAC to the Mountain West (not putting Skip in their class, obviously, but just offering examples). Plus, he had more BCS wins at ECU than he has conference wins here. It's not like he's facing the type competition he's never seen before. In fact, Skip seems to be more adept at winning ooc BCS games than conference ones. Maybe we should go independent.... Bottom line, to me, there really was no good reason to question the hire, IMO.

I questioned the hire only for the simple fact that we beat him in low tier bowl game! Other than that I had no reason to question the hire other than the fact that I always felt like we were just going to be a stepping stone for Skippy (I LOVE HOW THAT'S WORKIN' OUT FOR HIM!)

p.s. ECU Rhymes with Gay!

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Bubba, I apologize for that prior post. I'm still a little ticked off about you calling me a jerk off (when you called all the people from NJ jerk offs). I bit my tongue then and let it fester. Shouldn't have done that. Can't delete it so the best I can do is apologize.

My daughter is a teacher and my wife and I were gov't workers for 30+ years. You hit a nerve.

No problem, and if anything I need to apologize to you... Like I said before you are just as much a cracker as I am... the jerks that I'm talking about are not transplants like you... the ones that I'm talking about are the ones in Spring Hill that still think they live in (fill in the blank with Northern State), complain about how much they hate Florida and everything about it (culture, history, heritage, Indian names for towns, the way we do things, sports teams, people, weather, color of sky, smell, et everything), proclaim their love for where ever they came from, and just ruin the community. Hernando used to be a tight nit community and now its all gone to ****.

Consider this issue hugged out bro...

Also despite working for the government I opted out of the pension plan and did the investment plan... as a Libertarian it does not sit well with me that tax payers will have to pay for my retirement for life. I'm only working for USF because Hernando is void of any jobs outside of government, and the government jobs in Hernando are mostly police, fire, and teaching. I'm trying to start a small business but its hard to get going in this economy and especially in Hernando where they have waaaay too many anti-Business rules on the books.

Thanks. Matter is closed and we'll share a beer or two when we meet.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

WUT BRO? FIRE SKIP! :iconic_u_black:

aviator%20goggles%20gold%20med.jpg

Epic find

It never fails.

After a university fires a HC they shouldn't have, hires a HC they never should have hired who eventually fails, suddenly the powers that be decide firing the HC is a bad idea leaving them with the coach they should have never hired.

Thank you for your opinion, Mrs Leavitt.