• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball OFF TOPIC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

Nothing, because we have them too.

They have walk ons we have walk ons they are in the SWEET 16,, the question again What are we missing.? Why is the talent there and not at USF.? Is it A RECRUITING FAILURE???

We play in the BE, they play in the _______ conference. I have no idea what conference they play in, but I'm guessing it's horrible and not hard to win the conference tourny.

We made the NCAA  tournament, FGCU made the NCAA tournament,

We lost our first game, they won their first game of the tourney,

Then they won the second game of the tourney, 

They are in the SWEET 16, USF is sitting it out. 

They have a team with walk on players.

USF is/was in the BE.  We are supposed to play in a great Basketball Conference.  If we play the best should we not have gained valuable experience on how to WIN.

My question again. Do we have a problem RECRUITING???

:facepalm:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

They have walk ons we have walk ons they are in the SWEET 16,, the question again What are we missing.? Why is the talent there and not at USF.? Is it A RECRUITING FAILURE???

We play in the BE, they play in the _______ conference. I have no idea what conference they play in, but I'm guessing it's horrible and not hard to win the conference tourny.

USF is/was in the BE.  We are supposed to play in a great Basketball Conference.  If we play the best should we not have gained valuable experience on how to WIN.

Your question was about walk on try outs, which we both have. Recruiting is another question entirely. And the answer to that, like your first one, is no. At least not according to the experts judging our incoming class.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

We, without a doubt, have better recruiting than FGCU. The coach for FGCU has them playing as a cohesive unit which we have not seen at all this year. We saw glimpses last year but we looked terrible this year. You have to have the right puzzle pieces to do well in the Big East and this year we did not have them (ie big men). The future looks positive with the current recruiting class but I still question Heath's offensive mind...

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Here's why we haven't done well (until very recently) with any class when it comes to men's basketball recruiting:

1) Facilities. We never had them till recently.

2) Coaches that couldn't recruit well. Slick Seth did alright; he sold kids on USF. Everyone else since Seth has not been that smooth. Again, having facilities help.

3) We have not had great success. Losing scare kids away. We made to the Dance and the recruiting picked right up. Being in the Big East has killed our winning percentages. Heck, even with DoJo, we couldn't get out from under the woodshed. When we start to play hellacious defense last year, that worked for us. We've never been able to out offense anybody for a whole season --not with Big East competition.

4) We've never had depth. And that has hurt development and team chemistry, especially when people are playing extra roles, etc.

5) The Sun Dome Curse: we've had the worst luck with injuries, etc., over the years!

I very happy to be out of Big East basketball.

I think we will see recruiting pick up and the talent level will rise.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

FGCU has played a few nice games this season and has achieved some quick success. Good for them.

But let's get serious. If that same team went through a full Big East schedule night in and night out, they'd be all torn up.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

FGCU has played a few nice games this season and has achieved some quick success. Good for them.

But let's get serious. If that same team went through a full Big East schedule night in and night out, they'd be all torn up.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

not sure what 'all torn up' means, but i think they would have been a +500 conf squad in the ncaa as at large

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

WTF r u talking about? We won 2 games in the Dance last year and weren't there this year. Neither was UK. You really shouldn't pontificate on matters which you know nothing about. Really.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We made the NCAA tournament, FGCU made the NCAA tournament,

USF is/was in the BE. We are supposed to play in a great Basketball Conference. If we play the best should we not have gained valuable experience on how to WIN.

WTF r u talking about? We won 2 games in the Dance last year and weren't there this year. Neither was UK. You really shouldn't pontificate on matters which you know nothing about. Really.

That wouldn't leave him much to post about...