• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

does anyone else feel like he isn't trying as hard? i know it comes across that way for me. no attacking the ball.....no...i mean no blocking at all.....i hope im wrong but dude has alt of maturing to do

Edited by mjadams

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

One has to remember these are young kids that need guidance and coaching. So I think a lot of what you see or don't see on the field most of the time falls on the coaches shoulders. Skip comes off great to parents while recruiting their children who buy into his "father" type role that he has been successful in selling. The issue for him now is that it shows on the field that he cannot coach and guide these kids. Someone said it best in another post, and I am paraphrasing here, that he cannot control his own players because they have lost respect for him. The players can walk all over Skip with out much in reaction or putting them in their place; some hard love is needed and Skip cannot demonstrate this to his players. He has lost his way with the players and the Administration must act on this.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

Not just Davis. Too many dropped passes. That fumble. This team just doesnt protect the football well.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936

It all comes down to poor leadership. Skip has no fire and will not either motivate a player to do better or replace him with someone who wants to be out there. I know Davis is amazing, but if he isn't going to give it 100%, put in someone who will. If we are going to lose, I'd rather lose with players who are giving it all they have

Edited by BullsPride04

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Not just Davis. Team looked like they didnt care yesterday. So many dropped balls and no real reactions from it. They would just sulk all the way back to the LoS. Landi and BJ were the only ones who seemed to care.

At least that is how I saw it from my TV at home.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

Not just Davis. Team looked like they didnt care yesterday. So many dropped balls and no real reactions from it. They would just sulk all the way back to the LoS. Landi and BJ were the only ones who seemed to care.

#5 and #87 also played with passion.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

While immaturity is probably playing a part, I think he's ultra frustrated. Teams have realized that they just need to double team him, and force USF to make big plays with the other receivers. Its a plan that has worked great the past 4 weeks. Losing Griffin turned out to be bigger than thought. Having 2 deep threats would have made it hard on teams to focus their coverage, but that threat is gone now (even more so with Dunkley now suspended). Its funny now just looking back a month or so, many of us (even myself) were hopeful that we quit possibly had our best set of receivers ever at USF.......now just in early October, I think the 2009 WR group would be laughing at that notion.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

#5 and #87 also played with passion.

Yeah sorry I forgot about Lamar and Hopkins. Great game by those guys.

Davis needs to learn what it means to be the #1 guy. They are going to double him. He isnt going to fly under the radar like he did against Nevada. Everyone saw what he did there and now everyone knows he is THE guy. We need the other receivers to step up, but Davis needs to learn how to get free. If only there was a coach on this staff who could teach him something like that...

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

top wrs make things happen. i see davis's talent and that is what so frustrating to me. i know he's frustrated but its up to him to do something about it. if this is the way he reacts on the football field to adversity then the young man is going to be in for a humbling experience off the field as well....

come on dre ....attack that ball when's it in the air!!!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166

He's wasting away his ability. Never attacks the ball. If he had halfthe ball skills Bogan had hew could be a high draft pick because he's got the rest of the package.