• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Davis is as bad as Landi on punts...haven't we seen this before? He can catch them which is great and the reason Mitchell isn't back there anymore. Don't we have a small speedster that can get back there and do the job? How about Marc? Or Welch? Or Hopkins? Lamar is too valuable but we have to have somebody else that fits that role better.

At this point is Lamar too valuable? We didn't redshirt him, so this is his last year. At this point, it should be no holds barred for any Seniors. Take the reigns off BJ, let Lamar return, anything that helps us win.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

While immaturity is probably playing a part, I think he's ultra frustrated. Teams have realized that they just need to double team him, and force USF to make big plays with the other receivers. Its a plan that has worked great the past 4 weeks. Losing Griffin turned out to be bigger than thought. Having 2 deep threats would have made it hard on teams to focus their coverage, but that threat is gone now (even more so with Dunkley now suspended). Its funny now just looking back a month or so, many of us (even myself) were hopeful that we quit possibly had our best set of receivers ever at USF.......now just in early October, I think the 2009 WR group would be laughing at that notion.

Having him as the single WR on one side is not helping either. Where are the combo routes, the crossing routes, the clear outs with a man underneath. The coaches are not HELPING him get open.

The plays called do little to put the receivers in position to make easy plays.

The other part of the problem I see is that all of the receivers are still not real skilled at their positions. Raw athletes yet. That's why they are good on the deep ball, but that's not so hard to defend if we go to the well too often as we do.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he need to get the ball in space

short distance before double team

quick throw to him

simple stuff