• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Patrick for interim-HC.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

why don't budget freezes occur when Woolard gets a wild hair up his ass to extend a horrible coach's contract?

Bingo

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

GA mentioned somewhere that it would cost USF +/- 2.5 million to end the Holtz new error. That's not too bad considering.

2.5 Million is a LOT given that USF is in a complete budget freeze... I had to fill out a long 3 page exception request last week just to order a box of paper clips... I don't think that Woolard is gonna be able to talk Judy into approving this.

Face it y'all the Holtz new error will last until Skip's buyout is under or at $1 Million even.

But we're going to pay him 2 million next year anyway. You can cut probably a million out of the budget (HC/assistants) for the next few years.

I honestly think that it costs WAY more to keep him than this 2.5 million.

Athletics operates on a slightly different budget than the rest of the school, probably not an easy sell to Judy, but, there is money being lost with the current direction of the program.

Great point! Fire him now and it will save in the long run.

And give us a better chance of winning !!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

why don't budget freezes occur when Woolard gets a wild hair up his ass to extend a horrible coach's contract?

Yea. Unfreezed it. Fire Skip + approve paperclips. Refreeze on monday.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

**** hire Matt Grothe!

I would support this decision.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Grothe would be an awful choice. But, anybody but Skip seems phenomenal right now. How about Matt's dad?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If Patrick was anything more than intim it would be a disaster. He's a position coach, never been a coordinator even. At this point the probably all have to go including Scott and Patrick.

If Patrick was anything more than intim it would be a disaster. He's a position coach, never been a coordinator even. At this point the probably all have to go including Scott and Patrick.

Not sure if you have noticed, but, we already have a disaster on our hands. KP could do no worse. Head coach isn't about being the most knowledgeable person on earth. It's about motivating, recruiting, and game management. Skippy is good at zero of those.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Not sure if you have noticed, but, we already have a disaster on our hands. KP could do no worse. Head coach isn't about being the most knowledgeable person on earth. It's about motivating, recruiting, and game management. Skippy is good at zero of those.

I noticed. I can smell the dumpster fire all the way down here in ft. Myers.

Promoting from within a failed staff is not a good idea in my opinion.

I noticed. I can smell the dumpster fire all the way down here in ft. Myers.

Promoting from within a failed staff is not a good idea in my opinion.

Patrick is kind of not fully associated with this staff though... he's a Leavitt guy in my mind. Skip screwed him over with a lower salary than anyone Skip brought in from C-USA.

I know what you're saying, but, I don't think everyone gets canned. You need to keep some recruiting continuity and KP is the best recruiter we have.

I honestly don't know his credentials though. Right now, I just want Skip out. I also don't want a re-tread HC unless its someone like Petrino. Otherwise, people like Skip come in and give it a ho-hum attitude. If you give a coordinator a shot at a head coaching gig, they are forced to put every fiber of their being into being successful, or, they may never get another chance at a HC gig. Need someone with fire.