• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jose Fernandez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

why this thread exists at all during our current football situation is beyond ridiculous

There's a lot more to athletics than football at USF What is beyond ridiculous is that you are commenting on a thread about a USF team you don't two scheits about.

it is hard to take someone seriously who has 7 total posts and created a name like fire-so-and-so

That is what I am trying to say -- I may not be a big supporter of ladies basketball, but can't we see something so obvious?

Guy's got his opinion; some are going to disagree. If you take number of posts as a sign of credibility, Smazza would be "honest Abe Lincoln." I actually enjoy discussing hoops, even if it it's the lady bulls. Jose has earned another season, unless he totally tanks and his team isn't its usual competitive, fiesty self.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

why this thread exists at all during our current football situation is beyond ridiculous

There's a lot more to athletics than football at USF What is beyond ridiculous is that you are commenting on a thread about a USF team you don't two scheits about.

it is hard to take someone seriously who has 7 total posts and created a name like fire-so-and-so

That is what I am trying to say -- I may not be a big supporter of ladies basketball, but can't we see something so obvious?

Guy's got his opinion; some are going to disagree. If you take number of posts as a sign of credibility, Smazza would be "honest Abe Lincoln." I actually enjoy discussing hoops, even if it it's the lady bulls. Jose has earned another season, unless he totally tanks and his team isn't its usual competitive, fiesty self.

I mentioned the post count but also the name they chose--- the combination screams obvious

smazza credible? come on-- we're trying to be serious in this thread

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Days Won:  0

I have never been a person to post. However, I feel stongly about this topic. I am probably one of the few who really care about women's hoops. Ever since my daughter started showing serious interest 7 years ago, I really invested my interest into the USF program. Being local, we bought season tickets and really enjoyed the games. Since the Jessica Dickson and Tia Grace era's there has not been anything to get excited about. Now that my daughter is friends with many of the players and has been for the past few years. I have seen a major decline in the program. The players say that Jose has lost his edge, they have had numerous players leave or get kicked off, and they have the worst APR of any team on campus. He has very good players, but they are frustrated and it is sad to see so many seniors on this team who just want to get the year started and over with. Maybe Jose can find his passion again and show the players he really cares. I just think that he needs an NCAA apperance to earn a new contract.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I have never been a person to post. However, I feel stongly about this topic. I am probably one of the few who really care about women's hoops. Ever since my daughter started showing serious interest 7 years ago, I really invested my interest into the USF program. Being local, we bought season tickets and really enjoyed the games. Since the Jessica Dickson and Tia Grace era's there has not been anything to get excited about. Now that my daughter is friends with many of the players and has been for the past few years. I have seen a major decline in the program. The players say that Jose has lost his edge, they have had numerous players leave or get kicked off, and they have the worst APR of any team on campus. He has very good players, but they are frustrated and it is sad to see so many seniors on this team who just want to get the year started and over with. Maybe Jose can find his passion again and show the players he really cares. I just think that he needs an NCAA apperance to earn a new contract.

So you're telling us it's your daughter's fault? Why don't you get her away from the team!?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15

Faith Woodard, one of the best girls basketball players to play in Hillsborough County in a long time commits to Big East rival Georgetown. Rumors has it didn't trust or believe in Jose's program. Big loss for USF, invested a lot of time recruiting her.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I really hate stupid threads like these.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Faith Woodard, one of the best girls basketball players to play in Hillsborough County in a long time commits to Big East rival Georgetown. Rumors has it didn't trust or believe in Jose's program. Big loss for USF, invested a lot of time recruiting her.

Freedom senior Faith Woodard, the Tampa Tribune's two-time Female Athlete of the Year and an all-Hillsborough County performer in basketball and track and field, made a verbal commitment to Georgetown University following her visit to the historic school this weekend in Washington, D.C.

Woodard made the commitment to the Hoyas' basketball program, a member of the Big East Conference, after experiencing the school's Midnight Madness session Friday night. She said her decision was strongly influenced by the school's academic tradition and location, as well as the reputation of a basketball program that has produced many NBA players. Founded in 1789, Georgetown is the oldest Jesuit and Catholic university in the United States.

''I knew Georgetown was a great school and a great opportunity but coming up here and seeing the campus just solidified everything I thought,'' Woodard said. ''I knew it was Georgetown and USF and it was a really, really tough decision but it came down to Georgetown and the education I can get here.

Henceforth, ye shall be dubbed VL ...... short for Vega Lite.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9

It is hard to compete with a Georgetown educational opportunity. It looks like Faith has moved on. I am sure the USF coaches will move on like most mature individuals do. I guess the firejosefernandez poster will have some real sterling material to write about now.