• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RayJay Revenue vs. OCS Revenue?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

we made a ton of money for the program with this game. OCS would have been significantly less and possibly zero since FSU might have never agreed to play in such a small venue.

6 or 7 games a year--- NFL quality field and amenities --- we are renting something most teams would be envious of (not the SEC guys duh) --- and we simply cannot afford to build anything even close to this. At this point-- anyone thinking we need an OCS needs to have their head examined or to take a basic finance course.

Getting away from finanaces for a minute... we've always heard about how good the RJS field is... and prior to that the field at Tampa Stadium was always the best in the league. I've noticed that over the last 3-4 years the quality of the field at RJS has diminished quite a bit. I rewatched the game last night and the field was absolutely horrid... it was responsible for atleast 2 injuries as well as bad kickoffs because Kloss couldn't plant is foot properly.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

we made a ton of money for the program with this game. OCS would have been significantly less and possibly zero since FSU might have never agreed to play in such a small venue.

6 or 7 games a year--- NFL quality field and amenities --- we are renting something most teams would be envious of (not the SEC guys duh) --- and we simply cannot afford to build anything even close to this. At this point-- anyone thinking we need an OCS needs to have their head examined or to take a basic finance course.

Getting away from finanaces for a minute... we've always heard about how good the RJS field is... and prior to that the field at Tampa Stadium was always the best in the league. I've noticed that over the last 3-4 years the quality of the field at RJS has diminished quite a bit. I rewatched the game last night and the field was absolutely horrid... it was responsible for atleast 2 injuries as well as bad kickoffs because Kloss couldn't plant is foot properly.

well according to the fools on ESPN, the area went through a torrential downpour. I guess that event was extremely focused on the stadium since all I remember was a half hour long medium drizzle.

that field is awesome though-- it is state of the art for natural turf. You may be comparing it to the more prevalent real turf (fake grass) which is far more consistent but more jarring on the body.

anyway

No kidding about the rain.... errr drizzel..... but I seem to remember that someone actually had an umbrella out. :roflmao::GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

No kidding about the rain.... errr drizzel..... but I seem to remember that someone actually had an umbrella out. :roflmao::GoBulls:

I'm not going to stand out there without one bro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

AGAIN! It rained, just maybe someone should suggest longer cleats. I don't know, maybe a COACH?

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Any guesses as to the average ticket price?

Edited by Economics_Nerd82

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf is not a successful program

one cannot justify building a stadium

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

Just out of curiosity how much money did we make last night from the sell out at RayJay which is owned by the TSA and to a lesser degree the Buc's.... just trying to figure out if we would had made more money from having our own 45K seat OCS vs. renting out the Buc's stadium.

Figured that this thread might be a good distraction to kill time until we play Temple, and informative for future OCS debates

It would depend on whether beer is sold. I'm not sure what the national average is for college football games, but concerts average $12-$15 per head, so you do the math. Beer sales and parking fees is why amphitheaters were invented. That means some people will spend $25-$30 on beer while other spend nothing. Then the venue would still have the concession revenue from soft drinks, popcorn, nachos, pretzels, burgers, hot dogs, Dippin Dots, etc., etc. Then you have stadium seat rentals as well as merchandise such at shirts and hats.

If USF would agree to sell beer and give Yuengling exclusivity they would probably pony-up a huge chunk of the cost of building the stadium.

Oh...and then there are the naming rights...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

usf is not a successful program

one cannot justify building a stadium

Not until the donor base grows substantially. There are some crappy teams that have an OCS, but they have been playing football for more than 16 years.

Just out of curiosity how much money did we make last night from the sell out at RayJay which is owned by the TSA and to a lesser degree the Buc's.... just trying to figure out if we would had made more money from having our own 45K seat OCS vs. renting out the Buc's stadium.

Figured that this thread might be a good distraction to kill time until we play Temple, and informative for future OCS debates

It would depend on whether beer is sold. I'm not sure what the national average is for college football games, but concerts average $12-$15 per head, so you do the math. Beer sales and parking fees is why amphitheaters were invented. That means some people will spend $25-$30 on beer while other spend nothing. Then the venue would still have the concession revenue from soft drinks, popcorn, nachos, pretzels, burgers, hot dogs, Dippin Dots, etc., etc. Then you have stadium seat rentals as well as merchandise such at shirts and hats.

If USF would agree to sell beer and give Yuengling exclusivity they would probably pony-up a huge chunk of the cost of building the stadium.

Oh...and then there are the naming rights...

I doubt you would have beer in the OCS... I'm just basing that off the fact that none of the other OCS(FSU, UF, UCF, FAU, FIU & UWF won't when it's open in the next 2 years) in the state serve beer to the general seating... some club and suite areas yes... but not general seating.