• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RayJay Revenue vs. OCS Revenue?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

can't our alumni get that same feeling before a basketball or baseball or soccer game?

This is nuts-- we can't afford to build something like this yet. How about we focus on getting back to being a winning program. The stadium we play in has nothing to do with our on field performance.

ps-- I would love it if we have this awesome stadium on campus like anyone-- but 300 million dollars? That is insane

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Students don't show up for the basketball games in the on campus stadium.

"oh, but the product has stunk for year".... Football wouldn't be immune from this.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

can't our alumni get that same feeling before a basketball or baseball or soccer game?

This is nuts-- we can't afford to build something like this yet. How about we focus on getting back to being a winning program. The stadium we play in has nothing to do with our on field performance.

ps-- I would love it if we have this awesome stadium on campus like anyone-- but 300 million dollars? That is insane

If every student and faculty(lets say approx 40k) gave 1$ a day every day for 20 years, we could afford that.

If every student and faculty(lets say approx 40k) gave 1$ a day every day for 20 years, we could afford that.

or we could feed all those starving children... hmmmm

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

or we could feed all those starving children... hmmmm

Only if they promise to buy season tickets afterwards. Otherwise, **** that ish.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Already built ....

309170_10151037672557353_2086719985_n.jpg

derp. When was this finished? Are we allowed to go in and look around/take a tour?

Somewhere around the end of August, maybe .... and all they can do is tell you no if you just show up.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Believe me guys. We build it they will come! lol

The Tampa campus alone has over 35K students plus faculty and staff. If we build a 50-55K seat stadium we will pack it. Also something most people don't know is a lot of the folks that sit between the 40's have been grandfathered in from way back on their donation level. While the rest of us pay current rates. Some of these people only pay $500 a year to sit around the 50 yard line. Building a new facility would change that and everyone would be paying what's fair. That is a lot of additional revenue for the school. I am also a proponent of charging for something I know won't be popular. A lot of colleges charge students for tickets. I think a $5 ticket is reasonable. Let's say we have 14K students and at $5 each we are talking about $70K per game. That's between 420K and 490K depending on if we have 6 or 7 home games. We can use that money to provide promotional items for the games. To encourage school spirit. Heck even to have good half time or after game shows. The money could even be used to send the band to all the away games.

With the way the economy is now is the time to build. Contractors are building things at prices that we most likely wont see again. They are taking jobs just to keep workers busy. A stadium would revitalize Fowler Ave. It would create that College Atmosphere that Tampa lacks. Will building one make the Team better. No but I believe it helps with Recruiting. Kids like to be part of something. Tradition is Huge!!! Winning will come. I believe Coach Holtz will right the ship. No worries there. If you feel as I do I encourage you to write letters both to Judy Genshaft and Doug Woolard.

If you're talking about building a stadium NOW and expecting it to be packed with 50-55K on a regular basis when it's done, in the next 4 or 5 years, there would have to cataclysmic happenings for that to occur .... especially, if you're taking the grandfathering out of a lot of the current donors.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The Tampa campus alone has over 35K students plus faculty and staff. If we build a 50-55K seat stadium we will pack it.

UCF has more students plus faculty and staff and they can't fill a 45K seat stadium for a national TV game against a traditional power.

In their defense... and I can't believe that I am.... It was 100 degrees at noon that day. I love USF football but you would have found it very hard for me to watch a game in those conditions.

Especially if your stadium is an aluminum frying pan. The funny part is that Mizzou complained like crazy about UCF's stadium, and here he is arguing for a similar piece of crap to be built for USF.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  397
  • Days Won:  0

The Tampa campus alone has over 35K students plus faculty and staff. If we build a 50-55K seat stadium we will pack it.

UCF has more students plus faculty and staff and they can't fill a 45K seat stadium for a national TV game against a traditional power.

In their defense... and I can't believe that I am.... It was 100 degrees at noon that day. I love USF football but you would have found it very hard for me to watch a game in those conditions.

Especially if your stadium is an aluminum frying pan. The funny part is that Mizzou complained like crazy about UCF's stadium, and here he is arguing for a similar piece of crap to be built for USF.

I did? Where?

It is my understanding that FSU's stadium was built in a similar fashion initially-- and then they just kept building up and around it until it was something more presentable. If you ever have seen the pictures of Ben Hill Griffin from the old days-- it didn't just start out as some huge structure-- it was a piecemeal process that grew with the fan base. Now we are not those teams-- the main problem with our situation. Had we tried starting building something similar from the beginning-- on OCS might have been plausible. But we did take what was the simpler and imo better option of an established facility with the Bucs (sure saved us a ton of money). That is water under the bridge-- we aren't in a position to replace what we are used to with RJS and the amount of money we generate using that facility makes it still the best option for us.

Clearly the problem is money first but also existing facilities that more than meet our needs. We are a modern university in a metropolitan community that has an NFL franchise. USF has leveraged this situation properly. Building on campus seems so inappropriate in the near term. I just wish fans could embrace this fact-- lower the expectations of being like the traditional colleges of the world -- and expect that this situation requires much more time, donors, and fan base that makes OCS a viable solution. Comparing us to UCF in this situation is incorrect. Not so much because of the bounce house factor-- but UCFs only alternative was the decrepit Citrus Bowl. It made sense for them to start investing in OCS facilities. We sunk our money into renovating the football facilities and Sun Dome.

/end rant= lost my train of thought somewhere-- I apologize -- too many beers talking at this point.