• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If I were the Big East Replay official . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,633
  • Days Won:  424

Also, in the 4th quarter, I swear FSU had a delay of game on 3rd and long that they converted. The clock definitely hit zero before the ball was snapped. I forgot to dvr the game, but so want to watch that play again.

Clock was definitely at zero for at least a full second

Saw that too but forgot about it with the play ..... Have to check to see.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Also, in the 4th quarter, I swear FSU had a delay of game on 3rd and long that they converted. The clock definitely hit zero before the ball was snapped. I forgot to dvr the game, but so want to watch that play again.

That was the same play that the Big East Replay Officials did not stop with FSU receiver bobbling the ball with a foot out of bounds. I went frame by frame and play clock went to 00 for almost a half second before center snapped. Then for them not to review the play after they had no problem reviewing our receiver on the sideline for only a 10 yard catch. Cost us 3 points there. Definitely need an answer from Big East. Prior to that, there was the other FSU drop that replay clearly showed tip of the ball trapped on ground. That was when Skip was asking side judge where the heck was the review. Then he laughed realizing Big East was controlling the replay. Someone please bring the crap up during radio show or with Greg Auman. How would FSU fans be today if the EJ fumble was never reviewed and that cost them another 3 pts.....ridiculous especially when ESPN announcers continue to joke about the no review 5 plays later.

Edited by bull2bull

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I asked Holtz about the out-of-bounds catch last night. I'll post the quotes in a bit. Coaches on sideline have terrible angle of far sideline as far as in or out. Holtz asked coaches in the booth, they said it looked like he had it, and ESPN didn't show a conclusive replay (didn't look like he had possession before final in-bounds step) until after next play. Bad call, but sounded like USF did what it could to check on viability of a replay ...

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

That and that tip toe catch was on the opposite sideline.

If a challenge was available the guys in the booth have to be the ones to tell him to do it.

Probably some more "communication" issues...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That was the same play that the Big East Replay Officials did not stop with FSU receiver bobbling the ball with a foot out of bounds.

I thought that was a different play. It was 3rd and 10 and they hit a pass up the middle on it.

That was the same play that the Big East Replay Officials did not stop with FSU receiver bobbling the ball with a foot out of bounds.

I thought that was a different play. It was 3rd and 10 and they hit a pass up the middle on it.

Nope....same play....EJ in shot gun....play clock at 00 on ESPN screen (auto appears when less the 5 secs left, I believe). Center snapped, EJ stayed in pocket and let it rip. Watched it late last night after driving back from Tampa to the 561....I could be wrong but pretty sure on this one.

Anyways, it was just crap that the BE officials stop the game for I believe the Hopkins 10yd catch for a first down in the first half but do not for a 40+ yd critical play in the second half.

Edited by bull2bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,633
  • Days Won:  424

That was the same play that the Big East Replay Officials did not stop with FSU receiver bobbling the ball with a foot out of bounds. I went frame by frame and play clock went to 00 for almost a half second before center snapped. Then for them not to review the play after they had no problem reviewing our receiver on the sideline for only a 10 yard catch. Cost us 3 points there. Definitely need an answer from Big East. Prior to that, there was the other FSU drop that replay clearly showed tip of the ball trapped on ground. That was when Skip was asking side judge where the heck was the review. Then he laughed realizing Big East was controlling the replay. Someone please bring the crap up during radio show or with Greg Auman. How would FSU fans be today if the EJ fumble was never reviewed and that cost them another 3 pts.....ridiculous especially when ESPN announcers continue to joke about the no review 5 plays later.

Luckily the one where the ball hit the ground didn't hurt us but was still kind of head scratching as to why they reviewed the EJ "fumble" but not our two in question ... until I learned it was BE refs in the booth.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I thought visiting teams brought the officials? I assumed those were ACC refs, no?

I thought visiting teams brought the officials? I assumed those were ACC refs, no?

ACC on the field and BigEast in the replay booth ....which is ridiculous as we have such a bad history of being jobbed by the booth.....I am assuming we can request a formal explanation from BE on what they were thinking on the two non-reviewed plays.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

but was still kind of head scratching as to why they reviewed the EJ "fumble" but not our two in question ... until I learned it was BE refs in the booth.

You could tell from the seats that he was clearly down on that play, so bad calls by the on field officials.